Acc seems like better sportsmanship | Syracusefan.com

Acc seems like better sportsmanship

Ya, I saw a bit of that in the Duke game, but thought it was really just about the mutual respect the players have for the two coaches and the two programs. Saw some of it tonight as well.

There's only one guy who hasn't been told of the mutual respect. Jamie Dickins. Maybe throw Talib "Lucky" Zanna into the mix as well.

A story from not too far back in the day. Whenever they had those all-star U19, World University Games, etc., tryouts, the ACC guys always hung out together, ate together at the same tables. Which school they were from didn't matter. They were always together and the only conference that did it.

A story from not too far back in the day. Whenever they had those all-star U19, World University Games, etc., tryouts, the ACC guys always hung out together, ate together at the same tables. Which school they were from didn't matter. They were always together and the only conference that did it.

You guys would feel differently if you had Hoyas and Huskies sitting at your table. ;)

You guys would feel differently if you had Hoyas and Huskies sitting at your table. ;)
Amen. We'd even need different hotels.
But, come to think of it, why would any G-town players ever be on an all-star team unless it was an all-hated team?

By the way, there were a few extended hands in the Pitt game.
ESPN went to a commercial just as one such incident occurred.

Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Pitt haven't been around long enough to form opinions on.

Since this is a bball discussion, pretty much everyone hates UNC & Duke. Knowledgeable fans on both sides, but spoiled by 30+ years of winning.

VTech is our geographic rival, but only care about football. Messing with them for having a sucky hoops team is not worth the time...most of the non-alum Tech fans cheer for another team in basketball anyway...usually UNC or Duke. FSU & Clemson only care about football too. You guys are probably familiar with Miami & BC as much as we are...those seem more like pro sports towns, and not much attention paid to the college programs.

NCSU fans are hilarious. They're convinced everything is a conspiracy against them, they build up unrealistic expectations every year and want to fire the coach when those expectations aren't met, they have a major little brother complex when it comes to UNC. Oh, and most of their fans still think it's sometime between 1974 & 1983 when they were in their glory years.

Never had a problem with Wake or GTech. Feel sorry for both because they have the potential to be great programs, but are stuck with mediocre coaches.

Maryland's on their way out the door, and not much of a factor this year, so not worth investing the time to hate.

What can we expect with Louisville?

Louisville in the Big East was excessive hand checking as a staple of their full court pressure. Deep roster so they can rotate guys in and out and not worry about foul trouble. Under the new rules they should be more civilized. We were rivals but without the venom that went with UCon and Georgetown. Pitino started as JB's Assistant and JB gavee him good recommendations. Never-the-less, that does not keep him from going after some of our targets. Get used to white safari suits.

The person who told me that story also had St. John's on the "not very cuddly" list.

Lots of helping guys up. I'll learn to hate teams but not yet
well yes at least their fan bases seem based on my unscientific survey of the majority of the fan interactions on here as well as what I've seen from the visiting fans in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom