ACC standings. We have beat the last 5 teams | Syracusefan.com

ACC standings. We have beat the last 5 teams

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
in the standings. We lost to the 6th form last. The fun is about to start. We still have some stiffs, at B.C., the two pitt games, and home to va tech. But other than va tech at home, we can lose to those stiff games.

If you throw out all the pre conference stuff and only watch conference games.

so look at kentucky the #1 team in the country 5-0, struggled to beat vandy, missouri, miss, ta&m, alabama, all in the bottom 7 of the SEC, are those teams any worse than the ones at the bottom of the ACC? lucky for them the 2nd best SEC team is Tenn/Ark who would be at best 6-7th best in the ACC.

The rest of the season is going to be a big blender of yuck...we'll have some wins for sure but I really think we'll struggle to get 19 wins after the final horn blows in Raleigh.

This Miami game is huge for our guys. They are 2-2 in conference but the losses are to Virginia in double OT and @ND Plus they have a win @ Duke. They have yet to play UNC or Lville but they have to be considered one of the top 5 teams in conference and I'm very interested to see how we play right out of the gate against them. I'd love to see our young guys turn it up against better competition. Kaleb and Tyler need to play aggressive/assertive offense early in the game while defenses basically leave them alone. At least take it hard and get fouled. That really is the next step for this team, Kaleb has started to understand this but its usually after some time into the game. I'd love to see him recognize it on the first possession score and just keep doing it until they defend him.

Last edited:
Thunder-dolphin-flkr.jpg

The rest of the season is going to be a big blender of yuck...we'll have some wins for sure but I really think we'll struggle to get 19 wins after the final horn blows in Raleigh.

Agreed. We just don't have the personnel and depth right now. Honestly, I think the biggest of the many transgressions of this team (I KNOW it's not the intended roster and starters) for me is the continued lack of dribble penetration by the guards. Kaleb made a couple of nice plays so this is baby steps I suppose and Silent G had an and-1. Still, it is not enough. Some of these teams lately haven't been playing off as much and have been applying more on ball pressure. Gotta make teams pay for this. Too much dribbling sideways and picking up their dribble. Not sure if this is just hesitation or not being able to physically get by your defender. The athletes we will face will only get better moving forward.

If you throw out all the pre conference stuff and only watch conference games.

so look at kentucky the #1 team in the country 5-0, struggled to beat vandy, missouri, miss, ta&m, alabama, all in the bottom 7 of the SEC, are those teams any worse than the ones at the bottom of the ACC? lucky for them the 2nd best SEC team is Tenn/Ark who would be at best 6-7th best in the ACC.

That Kentucky schedule is much better than what Syracuse has played. Look at the KP rankings... those are teams Kentucky should beat easily, but Syracuse not so much. Syracuse is ranked lower than 3 of them (Ole Miss, Bama and Vandy) and just ahead of A&M. No way Syracuse would be 5-0 against those teams.

This Miami game is huge for our guys. They are 2-2 in conference but the losses are to Virginia in double OT and @ND Plus they have a win @ Duke. They have yet to play UNC or Lville but they have to be considered one of the top 5 teams in conference and I'm very interested to see how we play right out of the gate against them. I'd love to see our young guys turn it up against better competition. Kaleb and Tyler need to play aggressive/assertive offense early in the game while defenses basically leave them alone. At least take it hard and get fouled. That really is the next step for this team, Kaleb has started to understand this but its usually after some time into the game. I'd love to see him recognize it on the first possession score and just keep doing it until they defend him.
Right out of the gate. The most important thing from hereon out, IMO.

I can unfortunately (or fortunately) see Kaleb getting pulled in this one leaving Silent G or Patterson having to deal with Angel Rodriguez. This is going to be a tough game. Jekiri could give Rak some problems. If he thought BC was physical then guess again. Really looking forward to seeing Rak operate vs those guys. Their size and athleticism gave us problems last year.

I can unfortunately (or fortunately) see Kaleb getting pulled in this one leaving Silent G or Patterson having to deal with Angel Rodriguez. This is going to be a tough game. Jekiri could give Rak some problems. If he thought BC was physical then guess again. Really looking forward to seeing Rak operate vs those guys. Their size and athleticism gave us problems last year.

Rodriguez is better suited against m2m IMO but he's experienced, crafty and very good. He will be an issue. My other thought is that Miami seems to be able to field multiple shooters at all times which stretches that zone. Rak and foul trouble is a worry every game.

Rak in foul trouble is probably 50/50 the rest of the way. we need to maximize the wins in the games he actually plays 35+ min.

If we did not beat them, maybe they wouldn't be last.

If you ignore the games we played against them:

The teams we beat would have a combined 3-15 ACC record.
The team we lost to would have a 1-4 ACC Record.

Rodriguez is better suited against m2m IMO but he's experienced, crafty and very good. He will be an issue. My other thought is that Miami seems to be able to field multiple shooters at all times which stretches that zone. Rak and foul trouble is a worry every game.
Anyone remember Rodriquez played for Kansas State against SU in an NCAA tourney game in Pittsburgh back in 2012 when he was a freshman?

He didn't have a good game...4 turnovers and 1 assist.

Box score

Anyone remember Rodriquez played for Kansas State against SU in an NCAA tourney game in Pittsburgh back in 2012 when he was a freshman?

He didn't have a good game...4 turnovers and 1 assist.

Box score

"when he was a freshman"

Kaleb Joseph might be an Al-American someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom