ACC Teleconference for Jan 21 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Teleconference for Jan 21

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Larranaga: We only had one game this past week against UNC. Thought it was a terrific game, Roy's team played great. Cam Johnson lit it up, our guys fought valiantly and we came up short.

Larranaga discusses impact of having seven healthy guys: Says it impacts team the last five or six minutes of the game when team has had no rest. Practices can't be too strenuous because you worry about guys getting hurt.

Boeheim on growth: You know, I think Paschal coming back into the middle playing the way he's played has been a big part of it. I think Frank has gotten more comfortable in time and I think the other guys have been consistent all year. Those guys have made the biggest difference.

Boeheim: I wish I could say (I knew it was coming). I think we have a good team. Frank missed a couple of those early games. ... Paschal turned it around the last couple games. That's the biggest difference in our team.

Boeheim on depth of ACC: I think the league is always good. I think the last couple years you had someone that was bad. There's no one that's bad this year. Wake Forest struggled but they beat NC State. Pitt beat Louisville and Florida State. BC beats Florida State.

Boeheim: Anyone can win if you don't play well. Everyone thinks. ... you lost to Georgia Tech. They played well. Obviously the top teams are really good. Duke and Virginia are really, really good teams. The next group is really good. I think the teams at the bottom can beat you.

Boeheim on Duke win: It was a good game. It's difficult to win on the road in this league. To beat the No. 1 team in the country is always difficult, doesn't happen many times. Every time you win a game like that it helps you.

Boeheim on Capel and Pitt: Well, obviously he played for Coach K and learned from him. There's a lot of influence there. I think he's done the best job in the league at this stage. He has his guys playing at a very high level on offense and defense. They've beaten Louisville/FSU.

Boeheim on Capel: He's changed the whole culture in a very short period of time. That's very difficult to do. He's done an outstanding job.

That's all for Boeheim on the ACC Teleconference. Stay warm today, folks.

Last edited: