ACC Teleconference Jan 30 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Teleconference Jan 30

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
C3bVzPWWEAEY2c4.jpg

2017 Teleconference -

chris carlson ‏@ccarlsononSU
NC State's Mark Gottfried coming up on ACC Coaches' Teleconference. Will Tweet anything noteworthy. Same with Jim Boeheim shortly.

Gottfried on NC State's poor 3-point defense: We need to get to shooters better. We've tried to take away the paint a lot.

Mark Gottfried on Jim Boeheim: He's one of the best we've ever had. ... He's one of the best there is.

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds
Mark Gottfried on the ACC Teleconference says he's not sure why SU is good at home and much worse on the road. Add him to the list.

Gottfried on Boeheim: "He’s one of the best our game’s ever had." Said the 2-3 zone is tricky to play against.

Connor Grossman ‏@connorgrossman
Jim Boeheim about to hop on the ACC Coaches Teleconference. Updates incoming.

Boeheim on acclimating fifth-year players: "In some ways it's almost easier to work with a freshman b/c they don't have built up behaviors."

Boeheim reflecting on getting better in the second half of season: "Is (our improvement) good enough? I don't know that."

Boeheim on fifth-year guys: Not having a fifth-year player, it's difficult to fit guys into a new system. Andrew White figure it out earlier

Boeheim: John Gillon is playing at a much different level now. I think it takes guys longer than I would have thought.

Boeheim: Dennis Smith is a tremendous player. He can play against anybody. When they play well, they can beat anybody.

Boeheim: We haven't played well defensively (on the road). We've had some good moments offensively. A little bit of offense too.

Boeheim: We've fixed it. Our defense is better. Our offense is better. That last two road games were teams that were tough to beat.

Boeheim: We're better. Is that enough? That's what we have to see.

That's it for Boeheim. Orange travel to NC State on Wednesday.

How do you fully contain him playing zone. Great great stat
Fully contain him? People haven't fully contained him by playing man. In the zone, you have to know where he is at all times.

How do you fully contain him playing zone. Great great stat

A properly functioning SU zone would take a player like this away. Make the other guys beat you. This is why no name players tend to have career days against us. Sometimes it is enough to beat us, many times it is not.

Connor Grossman ‏@connorgrossman
Jim Boeheim about to hop on the ACC Coaches Teleconference. Updates incoming.

Boeheim on acclimating fifth-year players: "In some ways it's almost easier to work with a freshman b/c they don't have built up behaviors."

Boeheim reflecting on getting better in the second half of season: "Is (our improvement) good enough? I don't know that."

Boeheim on fifth-year guys: Not having a fifth-year player, it's difficult to fit guys into a new system. Andrew White figure it out earlier

Boeheim: John Gillon is playing at a much different level now. I think it takes guys longer than I would have thought.

Boeheim: Dennis Smith is a tremendous player. He can play against anybody. When they play well, they can beat anybody.

Boeheim: We haven't played well defensively (on the road). We've had some good moments offensively. A little bit of offense too.

Boeheim: We've fixed it. Our defense is better. Our offense is better. That last two road games were teams that were tough to beat.

Boeheim: We're better. Is that enough? That's what we have to see.

That's it for Boeheim. Orange travel to NC State on Wednesday.

Maybe, in some ways...but, we didn't have any freshmen coming in, and, that's on you JB! He should be thankful they both bailed him out and came here, otherwise, can you imagine what a complete disaster this year would've been without the two of them. Yikes! W T F is "built up behaviors" anyways?

Could've White & Gillon said something to JB like, "hey coach, maybe we could play some man to man since John and I have never ever ever played zone, and we're both like 24 years old!" JB's response possibly something along the lines of..."shut the front door with that type of nonsense!" "Don't you realize yet, this is Syracuse, and we can't play man to man, what the F makes you think you guys can now suddenly play it?" White & Gillon's reply, "but coach, we've played it our entire lives." JB, "I don't want another word out of you two about that man to man , or anymore of that built up behavior of yours!" ;):)

Last edited:
Maybe, in some ways...but, we didn't have any freshmen coming in, and, that's on you JB! He should be thankful they both bailed him out and came here, otherwise, can you imagine what a complete disaster this year would've been without the two of them. Yikes! W T F is "built up behaviors" anyways?

Could've White & Gillon said something to JB like, "hey coach, maybe we could play some man to man since John and I have never ever ever played zone, and we're both like 24 years old!" JB's response possibly something along the lines of..."shut the front door with that type of nonsense!" "Don't you realize yet, this is Syracuse, and we can't play man to man, what the F makes you think you guys can now suddenly play it?" White & Gillon's reply, "but coach, we've played it our entire lives." JB, "I don't want another word out of you two about that man to man , or anymore of that built up behavior of yours!" ;):)
We don't have any freshman--what are TT and Battle?

Built up behaviors playing another system are obvious. As obvious as when you are told to make your bed to please your mother and then are told you know nothing about it when you get in the service.

We don't have any freshman--what are TT and Battle?

Built up behaviors playing another system are obvious. As obvious as when you are told to make your bed to please your mother and then are told you know nothing about it when you get in the service.

I guess you missed my overall point or it was just lost in translation. JB had no choice than to go the 5th year transfer (desperation) route because he had no one coming in (freshmen) at White's or Gillon's position.

I'm glad my dad was in the military, since he taught me something relative to the art of bed making. Otherwise, I would've never forgave my mom for stirring me wrong in something as so obvious as that. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom