ACC Teleconference Wed. 8/31/16 10:30AM | Syracusefan.com

ACC Teleconference Wed. 8/31/16 10:30AM

Sounds like they're about 10 mins behind. So I'm guessing Babers will be on at 11:20?

Looks like the teleconference is behind. Just started with Fisher.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
Syracuse coach Dino Babers is going on the ACC coaches teleconference in a minute. Will provide updates.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers said Colgate reminds him of his Eastern Illinois team that upset San Diego State. Experienced and physical.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers asked again about freshman DE Kendall Coleman. Calls him "very mature for his age."

Syracuse coach Dino Babers on QB Eric Dungey: "We had to strip him down and start all over again with him." Needs to be pass first.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers asked about depth at inside receiver. Calls freshman Sean Riley "extremely talented." Will play this year.

Dino on Fr. Sean Riley: He will get an opportunity to play this year but the more he limits his mistakes, the more opportunities he'll get.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers: "We're not sure if Devin (Butler) is going to play this year." They like him at WR and RB, but have depth there.

No update from Syracuse coach Dino Babers on injuries to CB Wayne Morgan and S Rodney Williams.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers talking about how injuries affect in-game decisions early in the season. Don't always want to go "all in."

Dino think Colgate will play for the win. Notes team must be cognizant of overall health for full season. Raiders are Patriot favorites

Babers on game one wish list: "You'd like for the mechanics to be right, from the players to coaches to schemes". Minimal penalties, etc.

Syracuse coach Dino Babers said w/ Colgate being ranked and his personnel situation, he thinks SU has the toughest schedule in the country.

That's it for Babers. My main takeaway: expect freshman inside WR Sean Riley to get a lot of snaps. May be No. 3 behind Estime and Philips.

Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball
"I think Eric Dungey has done a nice job to curtail his game to what we need." - @CoachBabersCuse

"It's going to be a football game." - @CoachBabersCuse on Friday's #GATEvsCUSE contest

"Some people say we have the ninth, 10th-toughest schedule in Power-5 football. I believe that." - @CoachBabersCuse

"Anytime you get your opening game, you would like for the mechanics to be right, from the players to the coaches." - @CoachBabersCuse

"We have a fantastic opponent to open up this year. They remind me of the EIU squad I had that upset SDSU." - @CoachBabersCuse

"What we are looking for, from any position, is someone that can come in and give us a consistent performance." - @CoachBabersCuse

Last edited:
Props to Bailey keeping the "I'm asking about injured players even though I know the answer thing" going.

Someday, maybe in a few years, Babers will crack. Maybe.

Most interesting comment was the one about striping Dungey down and starting all over with him.

Jives with the rumors out of the Spring that Mahoney was pushing him for the #1.

I hope some of that progress involves throwing with a bit more zip on the med level throws to WR.

We have the toughest schedule in the country!?

No, he said our schedule has been rated the 9th or 10th toughest in the P5 and he agrees. Considering we play FSU, Clemson, ND, Louisville (3 preseason top 10 teams, the fourth a top 20) plus Pitt, Va Tech and USF, I would certainly agree too.

Most interesting comment was the one about striping Dungey down and starting all over with him.

Jives with the rumors out of the Spring that Mahoney was pushing him for the #1.

I hope some of that progress involves throwing with a bit more zip on the med level throws to WR.

I hope so too, I have a lot of faith in Dungey, I think he is a really smart, talented and coachable kid. He can improve on the things he needs to improve on, and he has the right staff guiding him.

I wish these were real conference calls that we could just dial in.

<Beep BEEP>

Who just joined?

Oh, hi, it's Chip. Big SU fan. I'll put it on mute.
Or like my calls here at work where adults are unable to grasp the ability of how to use the mute button. So dogs barking, kids crying, drive through food being ordered, sarcastic comments about person hosting call, etc. you name it, I've seen the lack of mute ability atrocities

Last edited:
No, he said our schedule has been rated the 9th or 10th toughest in the P5 and he agrees. Considering we play FSU, Clemson, ND, Louisville (3 preseason top 10 teams, the fourth a top 20) plus Pitt, Va Tech and USF, I would certainly agree too.

But he also said considering that Colgate is a Top 20 FCS school that he could have the toughest schedule in the country. He insinuated that the 9th or 10th was discounting Colgate.

I do love babers. I can't wait to see him in a post game presser.

He shared more in that teleconference about players than he has in all his time to this point. Nice to hear some content.

Or like my calls here at work where adults are unable to grasp the ability of how to use the mute button. So dogs barking, kids crying, drive through food being ordered, sarcastic comments about person hosting call, etc. you name it, I've see the lack of mute ability atrocities

Haha exactly! One time I was on a call where someone said "what an a-hole" referring to the speaker. It was pretty humorous! lol

I agree with that...I thought at the end of his statement though he said we had the toughest.

Or like my calls here at work where adults are unable to grasp the ability of how to use the mute button. So dogs barking, kids crying, drive through food being ordered, sarcastic comments about person hosting call, etc. you name it, I've see the lack of mute ability atrocities

I always do the "hello hello" just to make I actually hit mute.

It's the best, especially on big calls. Someone will be ordering at Stabucks, and the person leading the call is just screaming, who is that, please put your phone on mute, please put your phone on mute, for the love of God!

Or the flip side, you ask someone something, they talk for about 15 minutes. But you hear nothing, and keep saying their name, Dave? Dave? DAVE ARE YOU STILL ON THE CALL?? So you move on. Then Dave starts talking, and says sorry, I forgot to unmute.

I agree with that...I thought at the end of his statement though he said we had the toughest.

Very sorry, you and Texascpa woke me up. That is indeed what he said. Yeah, Colgate is a tough FCS team but don't think that elevates our schedule to the toughest. Next year when we play FSU, Clemson, Louisville, LSU, Miami and only Clemson is at home? That might be right up there at the top.

It's the best, especially on big calls. Someone will be ordering at Stabucks, and the person leading the call is just screaming, who is that, please put your phone on mute, please put your phone on mute, for the love of God!

Or the flip side, you ask someone something, they talk for about 15 minutes. But you hear nothing, and keep saying their name, Dave? Dave? DAVE ARE YOU STILL ON THE CALL?? So you move on. Then Dave starts talking, and says sorry, I forgot to unmute.

Never use the mute button!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom