ACC to make a decision on fall athletics scheduling in late July | Syracusefan.com

ACC to make a decision on fall athletics scheduling in late July

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1594416307460.png

You wonder why it is that they’re waiting. Maybe holding out hope that the case spike stops in the next 2 weeks? Or that we get some sort of game changer treatment? I’m just spit balling, but I don’t see the point in waiting unless they have some kind of idea that something could change.

Some of it COULD be due to state regulations that will be coming down. I know that in NYS the state government needs to individually approve all reopening plans, which should occur in the next week or 2.

When there’s no good present option then delay. There’s nothing they are waiting for except (at present unknown) opportunity.

You wonder why it is that they’re waiting. Maybe holding out hope that the case spike stops in the next 2 weeks? Or that we get some sort of game changer treatment? I’m just spit balling, but I don’t see the point in waiting unless they have some kind of idea that something could change.
assuming big 12 follows big ten and pac 12 in conference only games, they play 9 conference games every year, the sec and acc only play 8 so from a playoff fairness we need to play the same number of games

8-9 games wont make a difference.. with no OC games its just gonna come down to winning your conf to get to a title game. a 9-1 pac 12 or a 8-1 ACC is gonna be viewed as the same with no other metrics. everyone who is 8-1 or 9-1 is gonna be in the same boat this yr. Only issue is will 2 conf have sucky 6-3 type winners.

I don't understand why athletic teams don't quarantine themselves and test a week prior to kick off? Then, don't have crowds.

That’s really my whole point, though. It doesn’t seem like anything can change between now and then. So why wait?
Yeah, I'm with you.

My only thought is maybe they fear it hurts enrollment somehow? Like, people take it as a sign they shouldn't come back to school.

I think it comes down to how many games they think they can get in.. if you go with 8 you have more wiggle room for games that need to be moved for issues.. if you go to 9-10 less room.

perhaps tv money contracts need to be defined for content..

I don't understand why athletic teams don't quarantine themselves and test a week prior to kick off? Then, don't have crowds.

1. Testing is highly inaccurate for students of this range (FN, FP)
  2. Even the buildings the teams would play in would need to be separate due to ventilation - Due to occupancy spacing will become a larger issue in general for schools.
A lot of it is optics. Schools truly don't know if students can come to campus - in any real capacity - this fall. How would it look if a school goes entirely online, but has a football team that somehow has multiple COVID cases?

1. Testing is highly inaccurate for students of this range (FN, FP)
  2. Even the buildings the teams would play in would need to be separate due to ventilation - Due to occupancy spacing will become a larger issue in general for schools.
A lot of it is optics. Schools truly don't know if students can come to campus - in any real capacity - this fall. How would it look if a school goes entirely online, but has a football team that somehow has multiple COVID cases?

Yeah... but like... What about me and what I want!?