ACC to proposes use 30-second shot | Syracusefan.com

ACC to proposes use 30-second shot

There's absolutely no excuse not to use a 30 second shot clock as a maximum. Women's college basketball, which moves vastly slower than the men's game, uses a 30 second clock. So why do the men use 35 seconds?

It's never made sense to me. This is a necessary step.

If the ACC does it and no one else does it's going to make those NCAA slow em down rockfights / dive ins that much worse.

There's absolutely no excuse not to use a 30 second shot clock as a maximum. Women's college basketball, which moves vastly slower than the men's game, uses a 30 second clock. So why do the men use 35 seconds?

It's never made sense to me. This is a necessary step.

Yeah I will hear people against it saying "teams can't get a good shot in 35, what is 30 gonna do?" If the women can handle it in 30 seconds, pretty sure the men can.

Yeah I will hear people against it saying "teams can't get a good shot in 35, what is 30 gonna do?" If the women can handle it in 30 seconds, pretty sure the men can.
I'm pretty sure most teams could get good shots with a 15 second shot clock. They aren't coached to do that though.

I'm pretty sure most teams could get good shots with a 15 second shot clock. They aren't coached to do that though.

Totally agree with the idea; nearly all teams just spend time with the PG dribbling the ball at the top of the key, burning time.

I'm totally fine with a 20-30 second shot clock just because, if you're playing a pressing team, it will probably take you 8-10 seconds to get the ball up the floor if they're good at that defense. That would still leave you with about 15-20 seconds to get a shot. That's plenty of time to run an offensive set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom