ACC Tournament Projections/Weekly Games - Week 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament Projections/Weekly Games - Week 5

Marsh01

Living Legend
Wednesday March 12

Game 1 - 1:00 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #12 Notre Dame vs. #13 Miami (FL.)
Game 2 - 3:30 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #10 Wake Forest vs. #15 Virginia Tech
Game 3 - 7:00 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #11 Georgia Tech vs. #14 Boston College

Thursday March 13

Game 4 - Noon (ESPNU) - #8 NC State vs. #9 Florida State
Game 5 - 2:30 (ESPNU) - #12 Notre Dame/#13 Miami (FL.) winner vs. #5 North Carolina
Game 6 - 7:00 (ESPNU) - #10 Wake Forest/#15 Virginia Tech winner vs. #7 Maryland
Game 7 - 9:30 (ESPNU) - #11 Georgia Tech/#14 Boston College winner vs. #6 Clemson

Friday March 14

Game 8 - Noon (ESPN2) - #8 NC State/#9 Maryland winner vs. #1 Syracuse
Game 9 - 2:30 (ESPN2) - #12 Notre Dame/#13 Miami (FL.)/#5 North Carolina winner vs. #4 Duke
Game 10 - 7:00 (ESPN2) - #10 Wake Forest/#15 Virginia Tech/#7 Maryland winner vs. #2 Virginia
Game 11 - 9:30 (ESPN2) - #11 Georgia Tech/#14 Boston College/#6 Clemson winner vs. #3 Pittsburgh

Saturday March 15

Game 12 - 1:00 (ESPN) - Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner
Game 13 - 3:30 (ESPN) - Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner

Sunday March 16

Game 14 - 1:00 (ESPN) - Championship Game

Current ACC Standings:

1. Syracuse 10-0
2. Virginia 10-1
3. Pittsburgh 8-3
4. Duke 8-3
5. North Carolina 6-4
6. Clemson 6-4
7. Maryland 6-5
8. NC State 5-5
9. Florida State 5-6
10. Wake Forest 4-6
11. Georgia Tech 3-8
12. Notre Dame 3-8
13. Miami (FL.) 2-8
14 Boston College 2-8
15. Virginia Tech 1-10

ACC Games this week:

Monday

Miami (FL.) @ Florida State 7:00 ESPN
Maryland @ Virginia 9:00 ESPNU

Tuesday

Wake Forest @ NC State 7:00 ESPNU
Clemson @ Notre Dame 7:00 ESPN3

Wednesday

Syracuse @ Pittsburgh 7:00 ESPN
Boston College @ Georgia Tech 7:00 ESPN3 (ACC Network)
Duke @ North Carolina 9:00 ESPN
Saturday

Virginia @ Clemson 12:00 ESPN2
Pittsburgh @ North Carolina 1:00 CBS
NC State @ Syracuse 3:00 ESPN3
Maryland @ Duke 6:00 ESPN
Miami (FL.) @ Virginia Tech 6:00 ESPN3
Florida State @ Wake Forest 8:00 ESPN3

Sunday

Notre Dame @ Boston College 6:00 ESPNU

Last edited:
Wow.. could you imagine of that scenario held and the day session on Friday was NCState/Cuse followed by UNC/Duke?

Would be hottest ticket in any tournament history perhaps??

Thanks Marsh

Wow, looking at those ACC pairings drives home how good we had it with BE broadcast times.

I always looked forward to the games on Friday night...the best day in college basketball save for Thurs/Fri opening weekend games in the NCAA Tourney.

Having Friday games on ESPN2...yuck

Wow.. could you imagine of that scenario held and the day session on Friday was NCState/Cuse followed by UNC/Duke?

Would be hottest ticket in any tournament history perhaps??

Maybe, though there were some great matchups in the Big East back in the day. ESPN will be rooting hard for Duke to move up to the #3 slot past Pittsburgh (which I think will probably happen), to make the evening session of games more interesting for TV (NC based scalpers too, though they will probably make up any money lost in the evening session working the afternoon session).

Maybe, though there were some great matchups in the Big East back in the day. ESPN will be rooting hard for Duke to move up to the #3 slot past Pittsburgh (which I think will probably happen), to make the evening session of games more interesting for TV (NC based scalpers too, though they will probably make up any money lost in the evening session working the afternoon session).

ESPN wants Duke in that 2-3 slot for sure to have the possibility of Syracuse-Duke #3 Sunday afternoon.

Looks as tho we have a double bye locked up as long as we hold serve at home. Duke and UNC still play twice so one of them will end up with 5 losses. we would have the tiebreaker over UNC and Clemson. Way too early to project but it good to get the double bye.

Marsh how is Pitt 3rd? When Duke beat Pitt head to head and they are tied with the same record? Head to head is the first tiebreaker for the ACC standing and since they only play 1 time Duke has the tiebreaker over Pitt.

Marsh how is Pitt 3rd? When Duke beat Pitt head to head and they are tied with the same record? Head to head is the first tiebreaker for the ACC standing and since they only play 1 time Duke has the tiebreaker over Pitt.
Just about to ask the same question. Although, this is what the ACC website is showing as the standings. I have a feeling all they do is rank tied teams by the overall record. Holds for Miami/BC also.

For those that would rather not listen to Vitale (I assume he'll be in Gboro again), Raycom/ACC Network broadcasts all ACCT games in ACC markets. So games should be on Ch. 3 in Syracuse in addition to the ESPN networks.

For those that would rather not listen to Vitale (I assume he'll be in Gboro again), Raycom/ACC Network broadcasts all ACCT games in ACC markets. So games should be on Ch. 3 in Syracuse in addition to the ESPN networks.
I always listen to the Brando/Gminski broadcast over the Vitale broadcast. Shulman is a great play by play guy, but Vitale unless he broadcasts like he did the Duke-Syracuse game always ventures off topic and is annoying.

Vitale only does the Semis and Finals if I remember correctly

You've got ND twice at #11 and #12. I guess one of them is supposed to be G Tech?

There's a distinct possibility that the ESPN broadcast could be blacked out if there is a local station in the area with the ACC Network broadcast. It's happened in the past.

There's a distinct possibility that the ESPN broadcast could be blacked out if there is a local station in the area with the ACC Network broadcast. It's happened in the past.
Before ESPN/ACC negotiated their TV deal in March 2011 the blackouts were allowed in local ACC markets because of Raycom having exclusivity in those markets, but since 2012 the blackouts have been lifted because ESPN demanded that they be lifted for the money they were paying and you can watch the games either on the Raycom channels or ESPN. I typically watch the Raycom just because I can't stand Vitale, but if he isn't broadcasting I will watch the ESPN feed as well.

Before ESPN/ACC negotiated their TV deal in March 2011 the blackouts were allowed in local ACC markets because of Raycom having exclusivity in those markets, but since 2012 the blackouts have been lifted because ESPN demanded that they be lifted for the money they were paying and you can watch the games either on the Raycom channels or ESPN. I typically watch the Raycom just because I can't stand Vitale, but if he isn't broadcasting I will watch the ESPN feed as well.

Thanks. I automatically put on the ACC Network because if I never hear another Dukie V/Vicious Little Ferret lovefest it will be too soon.

ESPN wants Duke in that 2-3 slot for sure to have the possibility of Syracuse-Duke #3 Sunday afternoon.

Even without regard to Keita status, it seems to me that UVA has at least as good of a chance to be the 1 seed as SU. That is not to say they have a good chance to be seeded as high in the NCAA tournament, but it seems that UVA has a very reasonable chance to finish 16-2 or better in conference, as does SU of course, but I dont think it would be a great surprise if Cuse lost 3 of the 5 tough road games. In other words, if Vegas were laying odds today on winning ACC regular season title, I would think UVA odds and SU odds would be very similar.

Wow that is an ugly slate of games. Unwatchable until Friday. And as of right now, only one really intriguing game in the Friday groupings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom