ACC tournament | Syracusefan.com

ACC tournament

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
Little early to talk seedings but it appears that SU, Va, Duke, and NC could be top 4 with byes till Friday. Right now the top team might play the winner of Fla. St. versus Maryland whereas the number two team gets winner of miami /Vt versus Nc St. Seems like the second place team gets a better draw especially since the first place team plays a team that only played on Thursday whereas the second place team could face a team that had to play two games. Is this correct?

You're not wrong, I've been thinking about the same thing. Personally, I think FSU and Maryland are both more dangerous than any of the other 3 teams you mentioned, so that would be somewhat of a silver lining for whichever of our teams finishes the regular season #2. The standings are still pretty fluid with several conference games left to play, though, so I think it's unlikely that those lower seeds end up exactly the way they are right now.

but from conviencence id rather be #2 seed vs #1 since 1 plays at noon while 2 plays at 7

GoHoosGo said:
You're not wrong, I've been thinking about the same thing. Personally, I think FSU and Maryland are both more dangerous than any of the other 3 teams you mentioned, so that would be somewhat of a silver lining for whichever of our teams finishes the regular season #2. The standings are still pretty fluid with several conference games left to play, though, so I think it's unlikely that those lower seeds end up exactly the way they are right now.

Maryland sucks. Perfect matchup for us