ACC Tourney in Brooklyn? | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tourney in Brooklyn?

Seems like speculation on his part. As a Brooklynite, I would love it. But I went to the Barclays Center a couple weeks ago, and it is smaller than I would have guessed.

If you have SU, Duke, UNC, Louisville and Notre Dame fans converging on that place at the same time, it's going to be a crazy hard ticket to come by. It will make a (present-day) BET ticket look easy.

Pitino quoted as saying:

“[We] have not spent one day in the ACC and I would never comment on where their tournament should be played.”

Is that a subtle shot at JB?

Seems like speculation on his part. As a Brooklynite, I would love it. But I went to the Barclays Center a couple weeks ago, and it is smaller than I would have guessed.

MSG capacity for BB = 19,000
Barclays capacity for BB = 18,000

Size of Barclays not really a big deal. Having the tourney in the media capital of the country is what is important.

Well a little FYI as far as ACC tourney goes. The ACC chooses to have the tourney in Greensboro arena which holds 23,000 plus. Charlotte on the other hand has a better appeal than Greensboro as far as a city as a whole but they don't like the tourney here partially because time Warner cable arena only holds 20,000 plus. I know a majority of fans in ACC live closer to these two arenas but either arena would be a drop in capacity. If the ACC ever I'd have a tourney in NYC the first one would be nuts plus all the SU and duke alumni that are there. It would be interesting for sure but my point is if they make a big deal about attendance I would think MSG would be the destination but since Barclays is so new who knows.

They do change the site but a majority of time it is in Greensboro!

Well a little FYI as far as ACC tourney goes. The ACC chooses to have the tourney in Greensboro arena which holds 23,000 plus. Charlotte on the other hand has a better appeal than Greensboro as far as a city as a whole but they don't like the tourney here partially because time Warner cable arena only holds 20,000 plus. I know a majority of fans in ACC live closer to these two arenas but either arena would be a drop in capacity. If the ACC ever I'd have a tourney in NYC the first one would be nuts plus all the SU and duke alumni that are there. It would be interesting for sure but my point is if they make a big deal about attendance I would think MSG would be the destination but since Barclays is so new who knows.
When they go to 16, they can do both places, but play the championship in MSG

They make a big deal about attendance?

Hold it at the Dome.

They make a big deal about attendance?

Hold it at the Dome.

I think they use it as a crutch to keep holding at Greensboro. I'm sure duke, unc, ncsu, and wake don't mind that it is there either because its almost like home games for them.

Pitino quoted as saying:

“[We] have not spent one day in the ACC and I would never comment on where their tournament should be played.”

Is that a subtle shot at JB?

JB is on the clock

They better get used to some changes, you now have Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Miami, Louisville, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech all from Big East. All they need is a couple like Florida St, Clemson to vote with them and you have a majority. Besides with the Big East falling apart, they need to get there before the Big 10 does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom