ACC vs. AAC in the Top 25 at the moment | Syracusefan.com

ACC vs. AAC in the Top 25 at the moment

Eric15

Living Legend
5 of the 10 teams in the AAC are currently in the Top 25, compared to 4 out of the 15 in the ACC.

That annoys me.

5 of the 10 teams in the AAC are currently in the Top 25, compared to 4 out of the 15 in the ACC.

That annoys me.

Eh. Louisville is a one year mercenary. They are ACC in my book.

And next year that conference will welcome Tulsa, Tulane, and ECU. Not exactly basketball powerhouses.

It's just a pretty bad year for the ACC and a pretty good year for the AAC.

I don't think it's a secret that we have all been a little disappointed with the quality of hoops from top to bottom that the ACC has put out this year. Ideally, you'd want UNC in the top 15 with a few more teams pushing the top-25, but it is what it is.

Next year Louisville comes over, UND may get Grant back, and UNC should improve, all causing the quality of the league to improve. It's really strange though that the conference we left could be better at hoops this year than the conference we joined. I definitely didn't see that coming.

I think with Duke and UVA getting their act together recently, it's not so bad. Duke/UVA/Cuse have a good argument for being 3 of the top 10 teams in the country over the last 6 weeks or so.

It's just a pretty bad year for the ACC and a pretty good year for the AAC.

I don't think it's a secret that we have all been a little disappointed with the quality of hoops from top to bottom that the ACC has put out this year. Ideally, you'd want UNC in the top 15 with a few more teams pushing the top-25, but it is what it is.

Next year Louisville comes over, UND may get Grant back, and UNC should improve, all causing the quality of the league to improve. It's really strange though that the conference we left could be better at hoops this year than the conference we joined. I definitely didn't see that coming.
Duke is killing it on the recruiting trail.

AAC will slide as it continues to take shape in the near future. It is merely a splinter of the league SU left though.

As for the actual league SU left, anyone who'd been paying attention over the last 8 years should have seen that the team was going to an overall less competitive environment in the acc. That the old Big East could lose teams to the acc, big 10, big 12, and then serve as the foundation of two new and relatively competitive leagues says something about just how strong the old conference was (in basketball anyway).

The old Big East has 6 in the top 25 and would again be the best conference.

Not too surprising to me. It's going to be a bball conference moreso than football, imo. Strange year this year too.

And every one of those AAC teams would do just about anything to be in the ACC right now.

Unusual observation about the current AAC (I hadn't really been paying attention to it)...half the league is currently ranked, and the other half are all basically sub-.500 (USF and Houston are technically both .500 at the moment). Could have five NCAA bids and 0 NIT/CBI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom