Adkins does not appear to be going to VT - they are hiring someone else | Syracusefan.com

Adkins does not appear to be going to VT - they are hiring someone else

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
According to a radio report that I just heard in DC, VT is hiring Auburn's former offensive coordinator and the former OL coach.

Report: Loeffler to be Virginia Tech's offensive coordinator
Scot Loeffler is slated to be Virginia Tech's next offensive coordinator, according to a report by CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman.

Loeffler, a 38-year-old Michigan graduate, was Auburn's offensive coordinator this past season. He also has held the offensive coordinator position at Temple, as well as quarterbacks coach jobs at Florida, Michigan, Central Michigan and with the Detroit Lions.

Loeffler and former Auburn offensive line coach Jeff Grimes were in Blacksburg on Monday, and a source confirmed they were in town to interview for positions on the staff.

Well, that's some positive news. Hope Adkins is retained here.

Because he's going to the Bills maybe?

Who isn't? It's the cool thing to do if you worked for Syracuse football 3 weeks ago.

Who isn't? It's the cool thing to do if you worked for Syracuse football 3 weeks ago.
Yeah man, we're all free basing some Buffalo now bru!

Not even Beamer could stop the Marrone Staff to Buffalo train!

i will feel better if the Bills hire someone other than Atkins at OL

Yeah, I thought Marrone was suppose to announce his staff yesterday? Or is it going to be a piece by piece thing?

i will feel better if the Bills hire someone other than Atkins at OL

Ditto. Right now, Adkins and Anselmo are very key. Don't care about anyone else.

if they are spending money , they might as well spend it wisely.. pay for extra flights for him to see the kids play ball if thats what it takes. give him extra weeks of vacation..

My worry about Adkins is that no one is following up with the 2 jc ol's who were supposed to visit this weekend and haven't heard from SU in a while. That tells me he may not be involved anymore.

My worry about Adkins is that no one is following up with the 2 jc ol's who were supposed to visit this weekend and haven't heard from SU in a while. That tells me he may not be involved anymore.

Now that you mention that, I believe D. Savage who's one of the OLs to have been shecduled to visit SU is now re-schedule and supposedly going elsewhere for a visit (TexasTech I think). If I am not mistaken I think read it on Scout.
I hope at least we get Singleton (Safety) and Hunter (OL) to come and visit this weekend.

Now that you mention that, I believe D. Savage who's one of the OLs to have been shecduled to visit SU is now re-schedule and supposedly going elsewhere for a visit (TexasTech I think). If I am not mistaken I think read it on Scout.
I hope at least we get Singleton (Safety) and Hunter (OL) to come and visit this weekend.
Go take a look at the Recruiting section. Hunter mentions no contact from SU since the coaching turnover.

Well, that's some positive news. Hope Adkins is retained here.

Yah, nothing like keeping a position coach who's also the RECRUITING COORDINATOR. lol