Adrian Autry does not get enough credit | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry does not get enough credit

stone567

Walk On
I know that Mike Hopkins is the heir apparent and a very good recruiter, and Gerry McNamara has this strange love relationship with Syracuse, but Red Autry is really not given enough credit for the job he has done in the three years since he was hired. His recruiting haul has been unbelievable in such a short time, including Diagne, McCullough, Ennis, K. Joseph, and Howard, among a few others.

Have to think that if Hopkins does leave, Autry deserves some serious consideration as the heir apparent.

Bump, even though only an hour past. Serious haul!
th_shaqoohhh.png

red is good. he has the rare ability to be a players guy, but also command their unconditional respect.

I know that Mike Hopkins is the heir apparent and a very good recruiter, and Gerry McNamara has this strange love relationship with Syracuse, but Red Autry is really not given enough credit for the job he has done in the three years since he was hired. His recruiting haul has been unbelievable in such a short time, including Diagne, McCullough, Ennis, K. Joseph, and Howard, among a few others.

Have to think that if Hopkins does leave, Autry deserves some serious consideration as the heir apparent.
"Strange love relationship?" What the hell does that mean?

It's interesting how it appears that having the talent to play professional ball longer pushed back the progression of his coaching career. I would love to see him stay here for a long long time.

:);)Living out here in NM I am too far from the program to say you should be the backup contingency to Hop. However, we could certainly do far worse than either Adrian of Mac, though I would think Adrian would have the edge based upon experience. However, our last really raw hire worked out OK.

Hopkins will leave, probably soon. He will catch a well deserved big job elsewhere. Next head coach of SU will be GMac. Autry is building a fine resume at SU, that will get him a prize D1 job in a few years.

Just my opinion of course. No inside sources.

Hopkins will leave, probably soon. Disagree.

Next head coach of SU will be GMac. Disagree. See above.

Autry is building a fine resume at SU, that will get him a prize D1 job in a few years. Probably, yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom