Adrian College | Syracusefan.com

Adrian College

With an enrollment size of 1,700, last season's record of 5-20 (1-13 in conference play), how excited will posters here get when their favorite bench player goes off for 30 when Powerhouse Adrian College comes to town on Monday?

Just asking, are you related to Mike Gbinije better known as "Silent G" ?

With an enrollment size of 1,700, last season's record of 5-20 (1-13 in conference play), how excited will posters here get when their favorite bench player goes off for 30 when Powerhouse Adrian College comes to town on Monday?

Wondering what mercy rules will be in effect...

One thing that bothers me about games like this early in the season. They tend to be sloppy. One sided, but not always much learning going on.

I hope we play well and hone our fundamentals, and it doesn't degenerate into playground basketball. Some of that is fun to watch, but I'd rather see us play good intelligent basketball.

I'm betting on sloppy.

Just asking, are you related to Mike Gbinije better known as "Silent G" ?
Not related, but I live in Richmond, VA and have been a fan of his for a very long time and I am well connected.

Not related, but I live in Richmond, VA and have been a fan of his for a very long time and I am well connected.
Friend of mine or friend of "ours"?

Only kidding, but very glad we have MikeG fans like you! I was in the boat that felt it's great he's a jack of all trades but wish he was more assertive. Well, I look to be dead wrong on that one. Really like what he brought to the table against Carleton. Good job of rebounding and passing and I see him getting better scoring looks this year. I think I posted somewhere that his play is going to be the difference between wins and losses.

Only kidding, but very glad we have MikeG fans like you! I was in the boat that felt it's great he's a jack of all trades but wish he was more assertive. Well, I look to be dead wrong on that one. Really like what he brought to the table against Carleton. Good job of rebounding and passing and I see him getting better scoring looks this year. I think I posted somewhere that his play is going to be the difference between wins and losses.
Certainly friend of yours, who isn't?

I expect this team to be better than most so called experts projected. I think they are underestimating the talent on this team with what Xmas, Cooney, Gbinije, C-mac, Roberson, Joseph, Peterson, and BJ. I expect some growing pains early due to chemistry issues, but by the start of the conference games, things are going start clicking and cream will begin to rise up to the top.

About Gbinije, I do expect JB will encourage him to shoot more because he is certainly capable of scoring more when he is zoned in on scoring. However, he is the type of player that would give up a good shot for a better one, maybe its the former quarterback in him. I said it before and will continue to say it because I believe it will happen; there will be games this year when he will lead the team in scoring because he will be required to score more, especially on some big games. He is at his best when he has to.

I really hope Mike G can be the josh pace type. Our glue guy who can do a bit of everything and is aggressive when we really need it. His confidence bringing the ball up is night and day vs last year which is awesome for when kaleb needs a chance to sit next to jb for some tutoring.

I really hope Mike G can be the josh pace type. Our glue guy who can do a bit of everything and is aggressive when we really need it. His confidence bringing the ball up is night and day vs last year which is awesome for when kaleb needs a chance to sit next to jb for some tutoring.

That would be a welcome occurrence. Josh Pace is one my all time favorite players.

Ah, "forgitt 'bout it"... ;)

LOL, so true and I will be one of them in some instances. I still remember Southerland as a freshman filling it up from deep and it took him another 3 seasons to ever do it in a real game. There are plenty of other examples. I try not to get too excited about guys making wide open jumpers anymore although that can be a good sign.

For me I will get pretty excited if:
-Chris and Tyler show improvement in their defensive position, rotation and being more physical on the glass.

-BJ and Cooney are more aggressive putting the ball on the floor and attacking. I am pretty sure both can make shots but without another element both can be taken away as well.

-Buss continues to bring energy and shows no fear on offense make or miss.

-Chino givs us hope that he can hold down the fort for 8min without Rakeem.

Certainly friend of yours, who isn't?

I expect this team to be better than most so called experts projected. I think they are underestimating the talent on this team with what Xmas, Cooney, Gbinije, C-mac, Roberson, Joseph, Peterson, and BJ. I expect some growing pains early due to chemistry issues, but by the start of the conference games, things are going start clicking and cream will begin to rise up to the top.

About Gbinije, I do expect JB will encourage him to shoot more because he is certainly capable of scoring more when he is zoned in on scoring. However, he is the type of player that would give up a good shot for a better one, maybe its the former quarterback in him. I said it before and will continue to say it because I believe it will happen; there will be games this year when he will lead the team in scoring because he will be required to score more, especially on some big games. He is at his best when he has to.

I have complete confidence in Mike playing big minutes and doing whatever he needs to to help us win games this year. He is a very well rounded talent IMO and I think you are correct sometimes he needs to see that he is needed as he tends to be fine with deferring.

Agreed! The best part about Josh was that he was a Jack of all trades who also had a sense for when he was needed in the big moment and in those big moments although we, the opposing coach and players all knew what was coming no one could stop that left handed push shot or the left handed spinning floater.

I am looking forward to tomorrow because I want BJ to show what he can do, and I'm curious about Chino. I expect that he will be our 4th string center this season, but tomorrow might give a view of what he might develop into. Is he athletic but unskilled, Seikaly light? This will be the biggest mismatch in the history of Cuse hoops. Will the walk-ons get a good run? Cuse by 50?