Adrian Woj retires from ESPN to become GM of the Bonnies | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Woj retires from ESPN to become GM of the Bonnies

ESPN continues to bleed talent, and replace with idiots like Sam Acho.
The should have fired him, not Sam(antha) Ponder.

My wife is a 93 grad, and maintains contact with many former Bonnies. They’re a different bunch. They (not my wife) loved their time there and go back often. I know a few grads from her class who are friends with Woj. if Olean wasn’t so grim, I’d kind of understand this move.

My wife is a 93 grad, and maintains contact with many former Bonnies. They’re a different bunch. They (not my wife) loved their time there and go back often. I know a few grads from her class who are friends with Woj. if Olean wasn’t so grim, I’d kind of understand this move.
I went to Alfred, Olsen was the big city

Did he really? How?

As a Bonnie grad, this is really cool and very out of left field.
I hope he does well
Woj has been trying to help with Bonnies recruiting since NIL started… he paid for Charlie Prides and Adams Woods NIL i believe

I know a few alums. Bonas pride runs deep. Very happy for them. Schmidt is a great coach. Get him more talent and they're cooking.

This doesn't make sense. I know money isn't everything, but to walk away from such a cool gig at ESPN leaving that much money on the table? The Bonnies gig would still be there for him when his ESPN contract is up, and he would be richer and able to continue to help the school land players with NIL.

This doesn't make sense. I know money isn't everything, but to walk away from such a cool gig at ESPN leaving that much money on the table? The Bonnies gig would still be there for him when his ESPN contract is up, and he would be richer and able to continue to help the school land players with NIL.

He’s 55. You reach a point where “in a couple more years I’ll do that” becomes a bigger gamble, because you don’t know what physical condition you’ll be in (or if you’ll be around at all).

I’m guessing he’s not going to get into it, but I’d think changes and challenges within ESPN are greater than they were a decade ago, he has less energy than he had a decade ago - and as a result the job is more of a grind than he’s willing to deal with anymore.

It’s probably a combination of those two reasons.

cool gig until you have to have your phone strapped to you 24/7 and work 6-7 days a week 10 months a year constantly trying to get the scoop out first. He also gets used like a pawn by many GM's while he also has to eat a ton of crap to get the info I am sure. He's burned out and work is work regardless of the profession He's got enough $ and dude bleeds the Brown and White?

Yeah 7 mil a year is great but he's 54/55 years old probably had enough

Plus a new AD at St. Bonaventure who is also a grad. Probably an existing relationship/friendship there that might have helped his decision.

cool gig until you have to have your phone strapped to you 24/7 and work 6-7 days a week 10 months a year constantly trying to get the scoop out first. He also gets used like a pawn by many GM's while he also has to eat a ton of crap to get the info I am sure. He's burned out and work is work regardless of the profession He's got enough $ and dude bleeds the Brown and White?

Yeah 7 mil a year is great but he's 54/55 years old probably had enough
Never looked at it that way. He's made enough over the years unlike a guy like me (around WoJo's age) who would salivate to earn 7 mil a year by working 24/7 all day every day for several years to build generational wealth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom