advanced stat profile for SU | Syracusefan.com

advanced stat profile for SU

lots of mumbo jumbo. doesn't factor in time dungey missed. grains of salt. don't bite my head off

projects L's every week here on out

explosiveness is falling, used to be higher. still good at finishing drives.

defense terribly inefficient, bad at preventing finished drives. decent in explosive plays against

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2015-syracuse-advanced-statistical-profile

I think the findings about the defense are reinforcing, you prevent getting beat deep by playing zone and keeping everything in front of you, which means you are catching the ball carrier up field than attacking and making early contact.

The first three games they were reestablishing the LoS and making plays at or behind the line. Not so much the last three weeks.

The funny thing is that the D is ranked 60th while the O is ranked 83rd. My eyes tell me the D is the issue but this ranking says that the O is more of an issue.

The funny thing is that the D is ranked 60th while the O is ranked 83rd. My eyes tell me the D is the issue but this ranking says that the O is more of an issue.
i think we have been bailed out by teams not throwing more. and when 1/6 of your games are against URI toddlers, it's hard to correct for that.

SU's opponents 205 runs to 171 passes against FBS

Thank god other coaches are stupid, it still gives us some hope

Millhouse said:
i think we have been bailed out by teams not throwing more. and when 1/6 of your games are against URI toddlers, it's hard to correct for that. SU's opponents 205 runs to 171 passes against FBS Thank god other coaches are stupid, it still gives us some hope

Narduzzi has Boyd and will run and play D.

Narduzzi has Boyd and will run and play D.
let's hope. 64% rushes for pitt this year. and they've been in a lot of close ones so it's not just getting a lead and running after that

Millhouse said:
let's hope. 64% rushes for pitt this year. and they've been in a lot of close ones so it's not just getting a lead and running after that

Yep. He and Shafer are cut from the same cloth. We need to break out tendencies completely and pass like crazy.

I think the findings about the defense are reinforcing, you prevent getting beat deep by playing zone and keeping everything in front of you, which means you are catching the ball carrier up field than attacking and making early contact.

The first three games they were reestablishing the LoS and making plays at or behind the line. Not so much the last three weeks.

I thought, other than one drive, the D attempted and accomplished that in the first half.

I know it's too simplistic to say this (because UVA certainly made some adjustments), but I just thought in the 2nd half we wanted to do one thing, run out the clock. Hoped we'd run the ball for first downs on O. And on D, did exactly what you just wrote. That safe strategy doesn't always work. Certainly didn't on Saturday.

I thought, other than one drive, the D attempted and accomplished that in the first half.

I know it's too simplistic to say this (because UVA certainly made some adjustments), but I just thought in the 2nd half we wanted to do one thing, run out the clock. Hoped we'd run the ball for first downs on O. And on D, did exactly what you just wrote. That safe strategy doesn't always work. Certainly didn't on Saturday.

Yep. Wake and USF we started conservative and caught fire late. UVa we came out hot and then tightened up. Need to go all out all game

3 points in the second half... ugh...

And to make matters even worse, after doing a very solid job defensively on Johns / the uva passing attack for the first three quarters, we weren't able to put them away, we let them hand around, and then when they finally caught fire we played right into their offensive strengths. Huge missed opportunity.

Yep. Wake and USF we started conservative and caught fire late. UVa we came out hot and then tightened up. Need to go all out all game

Or at least keep a decent mix throughout the game. Need to make a better attempt at getting Ish the ball early. I don't mind running if we are taking some series in the same quarter to throw downfield. It feels like some games we don't even thrown a 10 yard slant until halfway through the game (that might be exaggerating).

They're run-oriented, and we can't stop the run. Yet we have a 40% chance of winning? Are the numbers weighted for home field?

I could see them trying to run up the middle and off tackle most of the game and we actually end up doing a decent job of stopping them. If they mix up the play calling at all between hard runs up the middle, sweeps, bubble screens and some deep balls; I think we could be in trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom