Advantage SU vs. KSU | Syracusefan.com

Advantage SU vs. KSU

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
They have 2 days to figure out our zone and we will always have the Pinstripe Bowl

Southern Miss did win 25 games this year, not sure why so many people are dismissing them so quickly.

I think southern miss wins that game

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I actually like SM in this game.

But if KSU wins, they remind me of depaul--a one trick pony defense that we will shred, as it plays right into our hands.

I'm not worried about playing KSU.

But if KSU wins, they remind me of depaul--a one trick pony defense that we will shred, as it plays right into our hands.

I would rather play KSU. Prone to turnovers and they dont shoot it well. They also dont have the good guard play that they have had in past years.

KSU to DePaul is a weird comparison, but I guess I see what you mean...

They have 2 days to figure out our zone and we will always have the Pinstripe Bowl

You just have to salute them...

9160248-large.jpg

KSU to DePaul is a weird comparison, but I guess I see what you mean...

Why's that? Have you watched KSU play, this year and the past few under Frank Martin?

Not calling you out at all--just wondering why you don't think they are like a Oliver Purnell-coached team in terms of how they play defense. That's exactly who they remind me of.

Wonder if Frank Martin would get any help or hints from Huggins?

Why's that? Have you watched KSU play, this year and the past few under Frank Martin?

Not calling you out at all--just wondering why you don't think they are like a Oliver Purnell-coached team in terms of how they play defense. That's exactly who they remind me of.
Yeah, KSU would also finish 16th in the BE :p

I've seen KSU a few times, but I just didn't think of DePaul right away when thinking about their defense. I don't doubt you, I just didn't think of it.

Did we draw KSU on Thursday?

Surprising, never saw them as a 16.

Why on earth might this be a discussion topic?

Oh yeah--KSU is a prospective round two opponent.

Did we draw KSU on Thursday?

Surprising, never saw them as a 16.
Have we learned NOTHING from that debacle in the BET vs Cincy?
Before that game this board had several threads dismissing UC, and looking ahead to UL/ND.
We continue to mock & tempt the basketball gods, just begging for our comeuppance.
Yes, I'm superstitious- but more importantly, I believe in RESPECTING your opponent & not counting your chickens...no matter who you're playing. And especially during March Madness,for petes sake!
We haven't tipped off vs UNCA, but we're already dismissing KSU?
Sheesh!:bang:

-End Rant-

Fortunately for us fans, we are on our computers and not playing the games and have zero impact on it. Except for us being in Pittsburgh then Boston to support the team. KSU is a team we can create turnovers against and get out and run. They beat Mizzou twice but lost to Oklahoma twice, strange team. They forced Mizzou to settle for threes and won the battle on the boards. We'll be alright, we have the size to handle them and just need to get easy buckets with our D.

I just saw that KSU beat Missouri twice.

Bipolar team. They beat Mizzou twice and split with Kansas. They went 1-2 against Baylor. They lost twice to Oklahoma, twice to Iowa State, lost to Texas, and lost to West Virginia. Some good wins, and some questionable losses. Would appear to depend on which team shows up.

Bipolar team. They beat Mizzou twice and split with Kansas. They went 1-2 against Baylor. They lost twice to Oklahoma, twice to Iowa State, lost to Texas, and lost to West Virginia. Some good wins, and some questionable losses. Would appear to depend on which team shows up.

They didn't split with Kansas. KU lost to Mizzou and Iowa St, then against Baylor in the Big 12 tourney.

All Southern Miss did was win a lot of games with the typical CUSA schedule that the committee loves. Very few teams outside the Top 200. But nothing to really hang their hat on either.

Fortunately for us fans, we are on our computers and not playing the games and have zero impact on it. Except for us being in Pittsburgh then Boston to support the team.

Obviously, you're right about this, but thats not my point.
Call it a pet-peeve but I've never been a fan of rampant speculation, especially one that dismisses an opponent.
Most fanbases are filled with characters who believe their team is superior to any other, and can't possibly be beat. (see; Kentucky)
That's a very pedestrian attitude, IMO, and not worthy of a knowledgeable & intelligent fanbase. It makes us look bad to be so dismissive.
Again, JMHO. :noidea:

They didn't split with Kansas. KU lost to Mizzou and Iowa St, then against Baylor in the Big 12 tourney.

You're right, I misread ESPN's schedule. K-State lost to KU twice.

Obviously, you're right about this, but thats not my point.
Call it a pet-peeve but I've never been a fan of rampant speculation, especially one that dismisses an opponent.
Most fanbases are filled with characters who believe their team is superior to any other, and can't possibly be beat. (see; Kentucky)
That's a pedestrian attutude, IMO, and not worthy of a knowledgeable & intelligent fanbase. It makes us look bad to be so dismissive.
Again, JMHO. :noidea:

I'm just irrational and superstitious enough to feel the "We'll beat Butler by 30" threads in 2010 factored into that loss. And I'm only half-kidding. Not crazy about hubris.

That said, it'll be man-bites-dog if we're not playing Kansas State or Southern Miss on Saturday. No offense intended to Asheville.

I'm just irrational and superstitious enough to feel the "We'll beat Butler by 30" threads in 2010 factored into that loss. And I'm only half-kidding. Not crazy about hubris.

That said, it'll be man-bites-dog if we're not playing Kansas State or Southern Miss on Saturday. No offense intended to Asheville.

I don't recall those threads. I remember very cautious optimism. Everyone was aware they had been a Top 10 - 15 program all year. I will take the same approach as for Pitt and UL; until I see us winning a Sweet 16 game, I see no reason to believe it is possible regardless of who we are playing or who we have in the first two rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom