After a day of bandying about possible head coach targets | Syracusefan.com

After a day of bandying about possible head coach targets

Czar

All Conference
I've pretty much arrived at being on the Mario Cristobal bandwagon. It makes perfect sense and is the best external hire if we go outside the team.

I am actually somewhat familiar with the FIU program - Cristobal IS NOT a good Xs and Os coach. He was a good recruiter for a Sunbelt program - not sure how he would do in a larger conference. But trust me, you will be ripping your hair out with his Xs and Os.

I am actually somewhat familiar with the FIU program - Cristobal IS NOT a good Xs and Os coach. He was a good recruiter for a Sunbelt program - not sure how he would do in a larger conference. But trust me, you will be ripping your hair out with his Xs and Os.

That's the impression I have, thanks.

That's why we need to keep it in house--what's wrong with our DC as HC?

I wouldn't mind the hire but I think its a tough sell for SU right now to hire someone who was recently fired. No matter how "unfair" his firing was

Would like him on board as recruiting coordinator. Huge risk as HC, IMO.

It's strange - FIU was horrible when he took over. He got them somewhat competive the two years before this year, mainly because of having somewhat better recruiting classes than other Belt schools, and having a freak athlete by the name of TY Hilton (who played well for the Colts this year). But this year, with a senior/vetaran team (minus Hilton) - they reverted back to being a terrible team/program that draws little to no interest in that area. They don't draw well at home at all and have no real fan base. I do think it was an unfair firing and he deserved to get more chances with that program - but I honestly believe he would be way in over his head here.

I wouldn't mind the hire but I think its a tough sell for SU right now to hire someone who was recently fired. No matter how "unfair" his firing was

Ezactly my thoughts on him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom