After last nights game . . . . | Syracusefan.com

After last nights game . . . .

jordoo

Living Legend
We are finally outshooting our opponents on the year from 3pt range.

SU .288 AllComers .283

Its just funny to see because it seems we have really struggled in our 3pt defense and we all know how much we have struggled in our own shooting.

Trevor BTW is 14-27 in his last 4 games from deep and Mike's emergence should only help him.

We are finally outshooting our opponents on the year from 3pt range.

SU .288 AllComers .283

Its just funny to see because it seems we have really struggled in our 3pt defense and we all know how much we have struggled in our own shooting.

Trevor BTW is 14-27 in his last 4 games from deep and Mike's emergence should only help him.

They are moving much better on offense. The right people are driving to the basket from the right angles, leading to many more kick-outs and "step-into" threes.

Roles needed to be defined, guys seem to be moving with a purpose as opposed to getting out of the way. Dramatic improvement. Started against St. Johns & then against Nova so not just against bad teams.

Also, long stretches with KJ not handling the ball and being a secondary driver, if that's a thing. He's much better creating from the wing off the catch than he is up top off the bounce. The way the ball cycles around Cooney being primary handler seems to get "lost" by the defense a bit more when he's up top and he also seems to shoot better from those spots.

Others have said it but our most fluid lineup is Rak and CMAC/Roberson inside and G, KJ and Cooney around the perimeter...the balance is messed up with Rak, CMAC, Roberson, KJ and Cooney out there (heavy inside, only one real outside shooter). They'll need entirely different offenses for the different lineups that can be out there, that will be the next evolution we'll need to see.

Team will need BJ or the backup center to be able to play in the ACC I'd think

Team will need BJ or the backup center to be able to play in the ACC I'd think

I agree with most of that but wanted to comment on this last point. Its looking more and more like Chris will play the backup center as Roberson seems to becoming a solid bench player. I would eventually like to see Mike play a few minutes ta the 2G spot so Cooney can get some rest. I like Buss as Kaleb's sub more than Mike there because then Mike gets to play PG but do it against a SF rather than a PG who guards either Cooney or Patterson. The other option is of course BJ at the 3 with Mike sliding to the backcourt to spell either Kaleb or Cooney. I do think BJ gets a few more opportunities to earn that role in the early ACC and possibly Wednesday.

jordoo said:
I agree with most of that but wanted to comment on this last point. Its looking more and more like Chris will play the backup center as Roberson seems to becoming a solid bench player. I would eventually like to see Mike play a few minutes ta the 2G spot so Cooney can get some rest. I like Buss as Kaleb's sub more than Mike there because then Mike gets to play PG but do it against a SF rather than a PG who guards either Cooney or Patterson. The other option is of course BJ at the 3 with Mike sliding to the backcourt to spell either Kaleb or Cooney. I do think BJ gets a few more opportunities to earn that role in the early ACC and possibly Wednesday.

Yes, all that is more likely than backup center becoming a 6 minute guy.

My post somehow obliterated my statement that Patterson could be the wild card...but given the patterns we just discussed it would be great if the taller player earned mins

I don't think 1-2-3 and 4-5 will matter so much as "inside" and "outside" with this group...there are few crossover skill sets

Roberson's delayed development and G's mini-injury masked this nuance that needed to become apparent to beat some of the tougher early teams

Yes, all that is more likely than backup center becoming a 6 minute guy.

My post somehow obliterated my statement that Patterson could be the wild card...but given the patterns we just discussed it would be great if the taller player earned mins

I don't think 1-2-3 and 4-5 will matter so much as "inside" and "outside" with this group...there are few crossover skill sets

Roberson's delayed development and G's mini-injury masked this nuance that needed to become apparent to beat some of the tougher early teams

The real issue will be finding some balanced offense when either Mike or Trevor sit. Ideally the answer is BJ because he slides in at the 3 and keeps the 4/5 as a 3 man rotation or Rak/Chris/Tyler. It also keeps us taller as you stated while having at least one proficient ball handler on the front line. Of all our bench players BJ is the only one who has the skill set to be able to sort of play the MikeG role at the 3 on offense. It looks like a long shot to happen at this point but I am interested to see if JB looks to do this Wednesday night.

The real issue will be finding some balanced offense when either Mike or Trevor sit. Ideally the answer is BJ because he slides in at the 3 and keeps the 4/5 as a 3 man rotation or Rak/Chris/Tyler. It also keeps us taller as you stated while having at least one proficient ball handler on the front line. Of all our bench players BJ is the only one who has the skill set to be able to sort of play the MikeG role at the 3 on offense. It looks like a long shot to happen at this point but I am interested to see if JB looks to do this Wednesday night.

Is Trevor ever going to sit? He's got to be the early favorite for minutes leader in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom