After listening to Clemson players and coaches... | Syracusefan.com

After listening to Clemson players and coaches...

StanCuse44

Scout Team
I believe that they expect Sat. to be the day that they finally break some long punt and kickoff returns and probably get an easy score or two. "We're due for some long returns" was mentioned several times by different players and coaches.

We must be disciplined on kickoffs and punts - play our lane(s), get in position, breakdown and TACKLE hard. Let's not give up the "easy" points and/or great field position. Make them work extremely hard for everything they get.

P.S. I still have nightmares about Venrick Mark at the Dome last season.

MISC. .......
We all know who is "supposed" to win this game. Clemson is #3 right now and favored by approx. two touchdowns. They have a Heismann candidate at QB and a boat-load of talent on both sides of the ball. They are obviously very good.

We are unranked, haven't beaten a really good team yet this season and still have a lot of question marks. What's to fear from Syracuse, right?

But this is why we play the game. This is why we don't just hand out a trophy based hype and pre-game point spread.

I think Clemson will show up wanting to send us and the rest of the country "a message" with a big blow-out win. They have the weapons to pull it off if we play a half-a**ed game.

Nobody but 'Cuse fans is giving us a chance to "hang" w/ Clemson *this year*. Personally, I like it that way.

I know that our Orange(men) will show up ready to battle. I also know that the Dome will be ROCKIN' and that I will do my part to make it The Loud House. My vocal chords will be shot when I leave the Dome.

If our O and D lines do what they need to do - and can do, we definitely have a chance to win. And nobody will see it coming but us.

I am hoping for a big Syracuse victory on Saturday. How nice would Sunday morning be if/when that happens, eh? :)

(Not all but... ) A lot of Clemson fans are talkin' smack. That's cool. That's their privilege. Easy to do when you're ranked #3 and playing an unranked Syracuse team whose biggest win thus far is Tulane. Most of them don't expect what I expect to happen on Saturday - a battle. They think we are going to roll over and quit by halftime, down by 28.

They are very wrong.

Let's Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom