After Michael Jordan turned down Duke | Syracusefan.com

After Michael Jordan turned down Duke

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Coach K sent him this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360250233.115837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he have anyone proof read this before he sent it? Left a word out there. - "on whatever (team) you choose." Apparently USMA boys aren't sooo smart.

They have shown this letter before. Pretty neat

A cheap hedge against a decommit? Not as if K actually sat down with a legal pad and wrote this himself... "Classy move?" I'm sure this is very common in recruiting. it's just "neat" that it's Jordan and K. What i think is most "neat" is that Jordan lived on Gordan.

Michael: Sounds like a good dentist.
Dwight: Oh yeah...
Michael: What's his name?
Dwight: (lying) Crentist.
Michael: Your dentist's name is Crentist?

A cheap hedge against a decommit? Not as if K actually sat down with a legal pad and wrote this himself... "Classy move?" I'm sure this is very common in recruiting. it's just "neat" that it's Jordan and K. What i think is most "neat" is that Jordan lived on Gordan.

Michael: Sounds like a good dentist.
Dwight: Oh yeah...
Michael: What's his name?
Dwight: (lying) Crentist.
Michael: Your dentist's name is Crentist?

I bet Cal doesnt send these out

Does anyone know if JB does similar stuff? I'm sure when the kids eliminate us and do it via phone, he wishes them well, just curious.

That's pretty cool of K. I have to assume he still does this.

Does anyone know if JB does similar stuff? I'm sure when the kids eliminate us and do it via phone, he wishes them well, just curious.

Nope. JB just unfriends them on facebook.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want stuff to feed my hate for Duke.

Seems like something every team gives every recruit that commits elsewhere... or do i have an excessively optimistic perspective of the human race?

A friend of mine went to Syracuse and was a decent high school basketball player. He tried out for Syracuse and almost made the team as a walk on but was cut. He did become good friends with Ryan Blackwell and I want to say Etan Thomas. Anyway Blackwell told him that Boeheim called him after he commited to Illinois and said basically the same thing that is in this letter. Blackwell claimed when the coach at Illinois got fired he decided to go to Syracuse because it was his 2nd choice and the staff was so nice when he decided to go elsewhere. Most kids gets these letters. My brother is a college basketball coach and you spend all this time watching the kid play and then you meet his parents and you really get to know them. I know my brother takes it hard when someone basically says they like someone else better than you but he always says something to the tune of I hope it works out for him because he is a really great kid. I don't think it's bullshit or anything.

This was in a pre-internet, pre-cell phone era. I really doubt it's done anymore. Phone calls/texts likely suffice.

The classiest thing coach K did was allow Mike G. to come here. A player transferring to your future rival, if he said no it would have been understandable but he did not fight it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom