After rewatching, #97... | Syracusefan.com

After rewatching, #97...

BostonOrange

2nd String
...had the single most dominant defensive performance by an opposing player I've ever seen. He totally blew up everything we tried to do. Inside runs, outside runs, drop back passes...he destroyed them all.

For the play calling sucks crew on the board, after watching again the only thing I can really point to is not sure why we didn't try more roll outs to get Hunt away from him.

Was focused on him on the first play after Hickey went out. He absolutely steam rolled Lasker on that play. He didn't look that big from my seat but he is one powerful dude!

He disrupted our entire game plan. He Jones'd us.

On the blocked PAT Donald knocked Palmer backwards on his butt -real pancake. Palmer is a big boy.

That's a first round NFL guy our young linemen had to face. Should be some motivation to improve so it doesn't happen again. Learn and move on.

That's a first round NFL guy our young linemen had to face. Should be some motivation to improve so it doesn't happen again. Learn and move on.

Of course - wasn't criticizing Omari as much as amazed at Donald. It is rare that you see that kind of play.

Of course - wasn't criticizing Omari as much as amazed at Donald. It is rare that you see that kind of play.

Oh I know Crusty what you were saying...Donald is a monster. This lesson learned shows our young line the level they have to strive to get too is all I was saying if they want to play at the next level or at worst, help this team get to the next level. I'm not mocking our kids either, not by any means because I know they played vs an incredibly talented player.

...had the single most dominant defensive performance by an opposing player I've ever seen. He totally blew up everything we tried to do. Inside runs, outside runs, drop back passes...he destroyed them all.

For the play calling sucks crew on the board, after watching again the only thing I can really point to is not sure why we didn't try more roll outs to get Hunt away from him.

That was my point when I responded to one of the umpteen threads criticizing the play-calling...

Call anything you want but if the guy is in the backfield a nanosecond after the snap, it doesn't matter...

That was my point when I responded to one of the umpteen threads criticizing the play-calling...

Call anything you want but if the guy is in the backfield a nanosecond after the snap, it doesn't matter...

I see your point, but there are higher % plays than running the wildcat right at him. That doesn't even take into account the game situation, i.e. score, down, time left, etc, which has been covered extensively already here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom