After the end (or during) the Colgate game, under what circumstances would you have these thoughts | Syracusefan.com

After the end (or during) the Colgate game, under what circumstances would you have these thoughts

texascpa

Living Legend
1) Oh man, it's going to be a long year (or "Oh, no, we suck again!")

2) Well, Babers is right, it won't be until mid-way next year that we see this thing really moving

3) We're definitely going bowling this year

4) NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, BABY!

For me,
1) Either a loss or we only score 17 points or less
2) We score 17-30 points, win or lose, but look disjointed at times, slower pace than expected and/or QBs look confused and off the mark
3) We score 42+ and we give up 10 or less, while looking efficient and confident in what we are doing
4) We win 70-0 and defense gives up less than 100 yards total offense...wait, change that, it doesn't matter, we're going 14-0 and winning it all, BABY!

Last edited:

2) Well, Babers is right, it won't be until mid-way next year that we see this thing really moving

For me,
2) We score 17-30 points, win or lose, but look disjointed at times, slower pace than expected and/or QBs look confused and off the mark
3) We score 42+ and we give up 10 or less, while looking efficient and confident in what we are doing
4) We win 70-0 and defense gives up less than 100 yards total offense...wait, change that, it doesn't matter, we're going 14-0 and winning it all, BABY!
I won't have thoughts #1, #3, or #4 either way.

Even if they lose, I'll probably feel #2, because I think Colgate is better than most believe.

An impressive performance will make me optimistic about the season, but I'm just not the kind of person that says "definitely" about anything that isn't predetermined.

All about the D. I have faith no matter what happens on O vs Colgate that Babers can and will get it fixed. However if the D looks as bad as it did last year, that will be a concern. That will tell me the problem is more a talent issue, which I wouldn't be surprised given our MAC level recruiting on that side of the ball.

All about the D. I have faith no matter what happens on O vs Colgate that Babers can and will get it fixed. However if the D looks as bad as it did last year, that will be a concern. That will tell me the problem is more a talent issue, which I wouldn't be surprised given our MAC level recruiting on that side of the ball.

I'm sure you'll point to the diminutive size of our secondary - but I'm pretty sure that's where you're MAC talent argument dies.

I think the D will be improved, but it won't show in overall stats due to an increase in possessions per game.

the Bells Two Hearted they sell at the dome catch up with ya quick. Real quick
Tried it for the first time last Friday at Smokey Bones and you are absolutely correct! Didn't realize they had it at the dome; thanks for the heads up.

1) Bonehead mistakes - whether it be a classic Coach P-era misuse of time outs, a bunch of worthless penalties, fumbles or poor decision making on 4th down (everyone seems to think Babers won't make THAT error) ... if I see these then I know we are, indeed, cursed and that the Dome was built on an ancient Indian burial ground just as the legend foretold.

2) Mistakes in coordination - wide receivers not coordinating with the QB, missed blocking assignments, players not getting back to position in time for the next play ... things we can correct given time.

3) Minimal mistakes. Nothing too flashy from O or D but solid football even if the score is close.

4) I won't be saying this (on the outside, my inside voice ALWAYS says this) after the Colgate game. We'll learn some things from the game but not enough to know how we'll perform against the big boys on our schedule.

For me,
AMBIEN CAN MAKE YOU DO AND SAY STRANGE THINGS...

1. 0-2 beers.

2. 2-4 beers.

3. 4-6 beers.

4. Halftime Cutoff.

I have a feeling we will know a lot by the end of the first quarter and maybe after the first offensive and defensive series.

I recall during Marrone's first game - despite the first play snap over Paulus' head - it was obvious from the start of the game that the team was well coached and had improved a great deal over the previous season.

I noticed that there were relatively few mistakes made during this year's spring game.

I suspect that we will see a well-coached team on September 2.

Last edited:
First trip to the dome so I have a feeling it will be number 4 most of the day, unless we lose the game lol.

Dome Foams until Dungey looks like Marino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom