After watching today The real Difference Devito will make : | Syracusefan.com

After watching today The real Difference Devito will make :

Don

2nd String
Is in the running game. When you can sling it all over the field like he can it will make the defense play honest and have to play more lateral and deeper to cover the seems and the deep outs. He also can strike from just about anywhere. The whole offensive scheme will change once he is in charge full time no matter when that is.
Defenses will not be able to stuff the middle to stop the run at all costs to make the QB beat you with his legs because he doesnt have the arm to throw it over the top of you or to beat your tight press coverage in small windows. I would not be surprised to see us run for 75 to 100 yards more per game with Devito than Dungey.
Devito will always be able to sling it and throw in tight spaces, once he has a running game the sky is the limit for the offense.I think you will see receivers get more space with a Devito Offense because of the way he can use the whole field to beat you and make the defense play a full field.

Dungey has been the best part of the team the last three years and has given everything he has sometimes to his own detriment. He is one tough SOB. Having said that he has QB limitations which is why he escaped out of his own state and the west coast .

I dont know if Devito will start next week but once he has a few games under his belt and the scheme changes to fit his talent the running game is going to open up and surprise people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom