Class of 2025 - AJ Dybantsa (MA / ProlificPrep) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025  AJ Dybantsa (MA / ProlificPrep)

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic

He's going to reclassify into 2025 and he's a total stud. Do we have any shot at getting to the table with him? I would think Red has been to the Expressions games and has a sense of our chance landing him. I think his parents want him to go to 1 year of school and being relatively local could be an ace in the hole.

EDIT: Class of 2025

The owner of Expressions would rather have his kids go to a Kentucky or Duke. I’ll never forget how excited he was the day after Nick Richards got his Kentucky offer.

The owner of Expressions would rather have his kids go to a Kentucky or Duke. I’ll never forget how excited he was the day after Nick Richards got his Kentucky offer.

AJ said he promised his mom one year of college so we'll see. Curious if he sticks around out west at UCLA/USC or comes back east to a Uconn closer to home.

BYU is basically down the street from Utah Prep where he goes to high school, so he has visited. It looks like he has only taken an official to Auburn but plans to OV the rest and BYU. He heads to China next week with his Utah Prep team to play some games.

$7-9m and people think recruiting is still the same and wonder why we don’t get top recruits
Comeback to the question how set are we with NIL…I’ve heard people say we’re doing fine but when I see these numbers and where these players are going seems like, we are below the average school for NIL.

$7-9m and people think recruiting is still the same and wonder why we don’t get top recruits
I 100% get it though, if an NBA player is worth 60 mil a year to play not including another 30 mil in endorsements, I can see a blue chip college getting money like this.

I feel a lot more confident with the future of football than I do with basketball and it's strictly from a $$$ standpoint.

I 100% get it though, if an NBA player is worth 60 mil a year to play not including another 30 mil in endorsements, I can see a blue chip college getting money like this.

I feel a lot more confident with the future of football than I do with basketball and it's strictly from a $$$ standpoint.
Yes and no. The NBA player is getting those numbers to get them on a team and keep them there. The high school kid is gone after one season (to quote one of our players, "an eight month scholarship.") And even the best freshman takes time to develop so I see why a coach wouldn't want to play that game with a high school recruit.

Anything is below that. Cuse has money but Red is smart about it. He knows a lot of these kids don’t really care about the school, they just want the cash
All we care about is winning. I couldn’t care less if the kid loves the school if he brings home a championship

All we care about is winning. I couldn’t care less if the kid loves the school if he brings home a championship
The one and done rentals have had a lot of recent flops. It’s been veteran teams that have won late mixed with top 20 guys. 7-9 million at the college level for one player is not worth it.

College sports has become so warped with all this money corrupting the sport and distorting the product. I’m fast losing interest. There needs to be some guardrails set up.
Is it the fact that there is money, (which there has always been) or that it is open and notorious, that bothers you.

People have been harping about the numbers we hear for top players (usually high six figures) are inflated and they don't get close to that. Seems like they might. And the market is shooting up year over year at a wildly rapid pace...so far at least.