Alabama or Oklahoma State? | Syracusefan.com

Alabama or Oklahoma State?

raf4488

Starter
Who ya got?

For me, OSU's 5 BCS top 25 wins vs. Alabama's 2 seals it. In fact, Alabama has beaten only 3 FBS teams with more than 6 wins all year.

The rematch does nothing for me and I think OSU's body of work is better. The one game they lost was in double OT on the road right after the plane crash. Where as Alabama doesn't have a signature win and their best game is one they lost in OT at home.

I also like the idea of conference champions playing for the title.

Who ya got?

For me, OSU's 5 BCS top 25 wins vs. Alabama's 2 seals it. In fact, Alabama has beaten only 3 FBS teams with more than 6 wins all year.

OSU. Their wins are better. Bama didn't even win their conference!

Don't lose to Iowa St if you national championship aspirations. I'm rolling with Bama. I give LSU credit for beating them, but Bama outplayed them the majority of the game. If you thought they were the best two teams going into their game, how the hell do you not after?

Not knocking OK State, definitely a really good team. This is why we need some sort of playoff. As it is, somebody is going to get screwed over. I just feel it should be them.

Alabama is probably going but its wrong and will make for a bad BCS game that will draw low ratings and be hard to sell to the general public. Nobody wants to see this rematch outside of Alabama.

BCS-LSU vs Alabama
Rose-Wisconsin vs Oregon
Fiesta-Stanford vs Oklahoma St
Orange-WV vs Clemson
Sugar-Michigan vs TCU (if they move up enough spots)...if not then K-State

Alabama is probably going but its wrong and will make for a bad BCS game that will draw low ratings and be hard to sell to the general public. Nobody wants to see this rematch outside of Alabama.

BCS-LSU vs Alabama
Rose-Wisconsin vs Oregon
Fiesta-Stanford vs Oklahoma St
Orange-WV vs Clemson
Sugar-Michigan vs TCU (if they move up enough spots)...if not then K-State
A bad BCS game? You're nuts. Go watch the Arena League if you like shootouts with no defense.

Don't lose to Iowa St if you national championship aspirations. I'm rolling with Bama. I give LSU credit for beating them, but Bama outplayed them the majority of the game. If you thought they were the best two teams going into their game, how the hell do you not after?

Not knocking OK State, definitely a really good team. This is why we need some sort of playoff. As it is, somebody is going to get screwed over. I just feel it should be them.
Totally agree - ROLL TIDE!

Who ya got?

I agree OSU should get a shot. I really feel like they would give LSU a run for their money in a fun fun game.

Bama on both counts - better team and will still be ranked #2 in final BCS standings. I also think that Bama will beat LSU this time.

A bad BCS game? You're nuts. Go watch the Arena League if you like shootouts with no defense.

"bad" in the sense its not fair and bad for business. Not a bad game, I thought I make that crystal clear! So Alabama loses at home to LSU, then plays nobody of any signifigance after that game. Comes in 2nd place in their division inside their conference. Goes beats LSU on a neutral field and they are the CHAMPS?? uh?! While LSU beats Bama in Bama, beats Arkansas and Georgia then has to beat Alabama again? WHAT??

That's what I meant by bad. I don't mind a 16-13 game, but its bad for business

"bad" in the sense its not fair and bad for business. Not a bad game, I thought I make that crystal clear! So Alabama loses at home to LSU, then plays nobody of any signifigance after that game. Comes in 2nd place in their division inside their conference. Goes beats LSU on a neutral field and they are the CHAMPS?? uh?! While LSU beats Bama in Bama, beats Arkansas and Georgia then has to beat Alabama again? WHAT??

That's what I meant by bad. I don't mind a 16-13 game, but its bad for business
Not fair? This isn't little league. I give LSU all the credit in the world for winning, but they were outplayed by Bama pretty much the entire game. Let's not put aside just how good this Bama team is. I don't care about the conference argument, the fact is they've been the best two teams all year. They shouldn't be penalized because "it isn't fair"

The current system is supposed to pit the two best teams against each other at the end of the year. I don't care if they played 12 times, these are the two best teams.

I'd love to see LSU vs. OSU. Somebody else gets a shot and a great offense vs. a great defense. It's not a lock that the SEC will win it's 6th straight championship.

But we're gonna get LSU-Alabama. I hope somebody scores a touchdown this time.

Not fair? This isn't little league. I give LSU all the credit in the world for winning, but they were outplayed by Bama pretty much the entire game. Let's not put aside just how good this Bama team is. I don't care about the conference argument, the fact is they've been the best two teams all year. They shouldn't be penalized because "it isn't fair"

The current system is supposed to pit the two best teams against each other at the end of the year. I don't care if they played 12 times, these are the two best teams.
And it will be BAD for business when they have their re-match. That was my point.

And it will be BAD for business when they have their re-match. That was my point.
No offense, but you no idea what you're talking about. What business exactly are you talking about?

No offense, but you no idea what you're talking about. What business exactly are you talking about?

TV RATINGS!!!!! Advertising dollars for the game. You won't have the big companies rushing to advertise on this game like they USUALLY would for a National Title game. There is no buzz about this game. The vast majority of people in this country are not going to care about this game, its an SEC battle that everyone already saw once in November where the home team lost and did nothing afterwards to earn their way back in.

At least if the BCS had a PLUS-1 game, then you could see it as you had a final four and Bama and LSU earned their way there, so its all SEC, ok you can live with it.

Oklahoma St beat two TOP 10 teams (when they played them) this year...Alabama beat NO Top 10 teams this year. You can make a case Alabama doesn't even deserve to be in the game. That's why people on the coasts and middle america will be turned off by this game and it will do BAD BUSINESS!

the fact that not many people outside of the SEC want to see a rematch where the teams combined for 5 field goals.

the fact that not many people outside of the SEC want to see a rematch where the teams combined for 5 field goals.
But those same people will be tuned in to watch. Beating Arkansas by 24 is just as, if not more impressive than beating a reeling Oklahoma team by 34. Let's compare their losses. Ok that was easy enough.

TV RATINGS!!!!! Advertising dollars for the game. You won't have the big companies rushing to advertise on this game like they USUALLY would for a National Title game. There is no buzz about this game. The vast majority of people in this country are not going to care about this game, its an SEC battle that everyone already saw once in November where the home team lost and did nothing afterwards to earn their way back in.

At least if the BCS had a PLUS-1 game, then you could see it as you had a final four and Bama and LSU earned their way there, so its all SEC, ok you can live with it.

Oklahoma St beat two TOP 10 teams (when they played them) this year...Alabama beat NO Top 10 teams this year. You can make a case Alabama doesn't even deserve to be in the game. That's why people on the coasts and middle america will be turned off by this game and it will do BAD BUSINESS!
I'm not into name calling on message boards, but if you really believe this you're dumb. Sorry.

But those same people will be tuned in to watch. Beating Arkansas by 24 is just as, if not more impressive than beating a reeling Oklahoma team by 34. Let's compare their losses. Ok that was easy enough.

They might tune in for a few minutes to watch, they won't be drawn to that game. And beating Arkansas in September, please. You have one game to point too that took place 3 months ago as their trademark win. Sound like a Boise fan with that logic.

And I will compare the losses because the OSU team was playing a game on the day where the school went through a major tragedy that rocked the university. That should be factored in.

I'm not into name calling on message boards, but if you really believe this you're dumb. Sorry.

not into namecalling but then you go namecalling instead of having a civil debate.

Real mature. I think you just proved your argument is weak since you can't back it up and just resorted to namecalilng

not into namecalling but then you go namecalling instead of having a civil debate.

Real mature. I think you just proved your argument is weak since you can't back it up and just resorted to namecalilng
Your stupid post made my argument for me. You really think that sponsors are going to run from a LSU-Alabama national championship? If so I take it back. You aren't dumb, you're insane. You're enamored by scoring, that's fine. Oklahoma St lost to a terrible Iowa St team, Alabama lost to everybody's #1 LSU team in a game they clearly outplayed them. I pray for a rematch.

Your stupid post made my argument for me. You really think that sponsors are going to run from a LSU-Alabama national championship? If so I take it back. You aren't dumb, you're insane. You're enamored by scoring, that's fine. Oklahoma St lost to a terrible Iowa St team, Alabama lost to everybody's #1 LSU team in a game they clearly outplayed them. I pray for a rematch.
Enamored by scoring? When did I say or imply that? Now you are just making stuff up. I don't care about style of play. I am talking about the match-up from a "business" standpoint.

Sponsors will run away? When did I say that? I said they won't get huge advertising dollars for the game, which they won't. They won't get top dollar for that game from advertisers, but they will still have advertisers :crazy: HELLO!

For a guy who isn't into namecalling you sure do a lot of it! lol Which really makes your stance hard to take seriously since you are acting like a child!

Sorry, but your bad for business theory is just so dumb I felt I had no choice.

Sorry, but your bad for business theory is just so dumb I felt I had no choice.

No need to apologize. You are who you are. And you showed you resort to name-calling and a 3rd grade school yard mentality when you can't debate an issue in a civil manner. No need to apologize though; I just dismissed your entire stance because of the way you presented it. I would be happy to talk about this issue with anyone else in an adult nature though.

Have a good day! Happy Holidays!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom