Alan Griffin: Knicks Summer League | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin: Knicks Summer League

Crazy to think that when he originally transferred from Illinois, the thought was that he would have to sit out and wouldn’t be playing until this current season. Would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out and changed things.

Crazy to think that when he originally transferred from Illinois, the thought was that he would have to sit out and wouldn’t be playing until this current season. Would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out and changed things.
We’ve had some real success with players who sat out - got to practice, sit and watch games learning the system before playing. Would have been interesting as you said. Kid definitely has talent but needed to be more consistent.

He said he was done with basketball.
Kind of feel bad for Alan. When he was on, the kid had an Andrew White style gorgeous stroke. My favorite thing about him was that he wasn't just a shooter, when he gave a full effort, he was one of the best defenders on the floor. The block he had to save the game against Buffalo was one of the most athletic plays I've seen in the last decade. That said, there was a certain part of the kid that seemed to get inside of his own head and really hurt him. I wish him the best no matter what he ends up doing.

Kind of feel bad for Alan. When he was on, the kid had an Andrew White style gorgeous stroke. My favorite thing about him was that he wasn't just a shooter, when he gave a full effort, he was one of the best defenders on the floor. The block he had to save the game against Buffalo was one of the most athletic plays I've seen in the last decade. That said, there was a certain part of the kid that seemed to get inside of his own head and really hurt him. I wish him the best no matter what he ends up doing.

Hope he finds his calling and crushes it. I always worry about kids like him that are so up and down.

I had forgotten Alan was on the Knicks summer league team. He hasn’t appeared in a game yet.

In the Knicks final summer league game in Vegas, Alan finally got some run. Played 13 mins scoring 6 pts on 2/4 shooting including 1/2 from 3. Also had 3 rebs, 3 stls and a block.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure who the heck this was till I went back and looked at your post, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom