Albany missing 11 guys and most of its offense this weekend | Syracusefan.com

Albany missing 11 guys and most of its offense this weekend

Not usually the biggest Scott Marr fan...but I love this quote below. I agree there is some COVID shaming that happens and assumes that guys are not following the rules. I agree with him and it is unfortunate that this situation is happening to them.

Quote:
“We’re certainly following every protocol that they’re giving us,” Marr said. “We’re staying by ourselves, we’re eliminating interaction with people around campus. Guys are wearing their masks where they’re supposed to.

“You have NBA, NHL, all these professional leagues that have millions of dollars in bubbles, and guys are still getting it. It’s a highly contagious disease or virus. It’s no fault of their own. Nobody wants to get it. Thirty of them got it in the fall, and now 11 of them got it in the spring.

“Who knows where they get it from, who knows where they pick it up. That’s the way it goes. We’re disappointed that they’re not playing, but we’ll get them back and be ready to go when we do get them back.”

I automatically assume everyone with COVID is an unhygienic bastard that eats his/her boogers. ;)

My son is undergoing quarantine for the first time right now and the kids know precisely who "patient zero" is on this one (deduced by class cohort and bus ridership). My boy (going on 11) is a sweet kid in general, but I've been really heartened by the way the kids don't blame anyone, and just go about doing what they need to do.

I saw a few Albany lax coaches, men's and women's, Marr included, getting vaccinated Thursday evening. I think most UAlbany kids are pretty dopey as a default, and they were largely responsible for a super-spreader event in July, but they seem to been taking things seriously now.

Last edited:
Not usually the biggest Scott Marr fan...but I love this quote below. I agree there is some COVID shaming that happens and assumes that guys are not following the rules. I agree with him and it is unfortunate that this situation is happening to them.

Quote:
“We’re certainly following every protocol that they’re giving us,” Marr said. “We’re staying by ourselves, we’re eliminating interaction with people around campus. Guys are wearing their masks where they’re supposed to.

“You have NBA, NHL, all these professional leagues that have millions of dollars in bubbles, and guys are still getting it. It’s a highly contagious disease or virus. It’s no fault of their own. Nobody wants to get it. Thirty of them got it in the fall, and now 11 of them got it in the spring.

“Who knows where they get it from, who knows where they pick it up. That’s the way it goes. We’re disappointed that they’re not playing, but we’ll get them back and be ready to go when we do get them back.”
scotty is an excellent coach and a better guy. this isn't out of character.