Albany Pregame Articles and Videos | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Pregame Articles and Videos

This is going to be the hottest of all takes but I truly believe after watching the last game Curry needs to move to attack. He is by far the best dodger and the midfield is deep. Rehfuss is either hurt still or ineffective, Voigt, and (I was wrong about this guy) Solomon looked great. They won’t do it This year maybe next year it’ll make more sense. Maryland did the same thing with Connor Kelly and It worked. Again maybe not this year but your best players gotta be on the field all the time

This is going to be the hottest of all takes but I truly believe after watching the last game Curry needs to move to attack. He is by far the best dodger and the midfield is deep. Rehfuss is either hurt still or ineffective, Voigt, and (I was wrong about this guy) Solomon looked great. They won’t do it This year maybe next year it’ll make more sense. Maryland did the same thing with Connor Kelly and It worked. Again maybe not this year but your best players gotta be on the field all the time

If Dordevic wasn't hurt I think you might have something there but moving him now is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul. The midfield unit wasn't exactly lighting up outside of Curry last Friday, you move him and now your talking about Lipka and two unproven guys. SU is better off giving him extended runs at middie and subbing around him versus moving him to attack where Cook and Seebold are pushing for minutes.

If Dordevic wasn't hurt I think you might have something there but moving him now is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul. The midfield unit wasn't exactly lighting up outside of Curry last Friday, you move him and now your talking about Lipka and two unproven guys. SU is better off giving him extended runs at middie and subbing around him versus moving him to attack where Cook and Seebold are pushing for minutes.
Jeremy, you plagiarizing my dm saying . lol. I agree with JC, leave Curry at mid, his dodging ability needed up top. Leave Cook at attack. Consider Seebold for some mid minutes

Jeremy, you plagiarizing my dm saying . lol. I agree with JC, leave Curry at mid, his dodging ability needed up top. Leave Cook at attack. Consider Seebold for some mid minutes

LOL my bad. I had the same thoughts you on it, would seem to solve one issue while creating another.

No. 15 Albany at No. 20 Syracuse (0-1), 4 p.m. Saturday
This will be the first voyage for the Dane Train in 2019, coming off a magical 2018 where they went 16-3 with their first trip to Championship Weekend. Included in that win total was a 15-3 blitzing of the Orange in the Dome. Perhaps no team lost more key personnel than Albany, but don’t tell them that; the Danes will still play loose and fast, changing for no one. Putting the ball in the net should not be a problem with the return of Jakob Patterson and Tehoka Nanticoke. Patterson burst on the scene in 2018, shining especially when All-American Connor Fields was sidelined with a knee injury. Sean Eccles and the Brothers Burgmaster, Alex and Jack, headline the midfield, while Matt Perla and Erik Dluhy return to anchor the defense in front of new starting goalie Nate Siekierski.

The Orange was defeated by a hungry Colgate team 12-9 in their season opener. For many, this wasn’t a surprise. What was surprising is that despite the game being close the whole way many — myself included — never got the feeling Syracuse was going to win. That’s a weird feeling watching the Orange in the Dome, the site of so many Orange scoring runs over the years. Still, this team has some nice players. Midfielder Brendan Curry (3, 1) is every bit as good as people thought he would be, ready to take that big step from freshman to sophomore. LSM Brett Kennedy gives SU its typical demon between the lines, an athlete who has a great stick and wreaks havoc. The EMO was good as well, with the unit going 3-5. Still, there seems to be something missing from this team. Maybe they show us what that is this weekend against Albany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom