Alec Lemon's draft projection | Syracusefan.com

Alec Lemon's draft projection

No doubts of Lemon's ability to make it and succeed in the NFL. Just have to get in the right situation.

I must admit that when I am watching SU football I don't think much about which players are legit NFL prospects, probably because I have no ability to make those assessments. I am pleasantly surprised to see Nassib, Pugh, Thomas and Lemon projected as NFL draftees.

Nassib - I was never a Nassib bashser or sycophant - I just thought he was a pretty good college QB with an average supporting cast so, I am pleasantly surprised to see his stock rising so high - nice going Ryan!

Pugh - Based on the team's turnaround after Pugh returned I figured that if anybody made it in the NFL it would be Pugh. The praise of he who will not be named was also a good indication that Pugh was NFL caliber.

Thomas - did not know how to evaluate Thomas but I have been rooting for him like crazy. Somebody show him the money!

Lemon - Alec was injured so much it was hard to really know what his potential really was or is. I know he is clutch, runs good routes and has good hands. That certainly seems to be a recipe for NFL success. Would be great to see him go in round 5 or higher. He needs to go to a hard nosed team.

A year ago who would have thought the O would have 4 NFL draftees? Certainly not me. Way to go guys!

A year ago who would have thought the O would have 4 NFL draftees? Certainly not me. Way to go guys!
I'd still be shocked if four members from the O were to get drafted.
Hint: Thomas plays on defense. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a late round pick of the pats

Another ex-Cuse player Trey Fairchild is hoping for a FA contract...however, his Dad thinks Canada is a very viable option if the NFL doesn't work out. For geography: Hamilton and Toronto are best for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a late round pick of the pats
Yeah meant to say 3 on O and 4 total. Had brain cramp or senior moment!

Yeah meant to say 3 on O and 4 total. Had brain cramp or senior moment!
Hey it happens.

Here's hoping Lemon can indeed get himself drafted. Really loved the kid, and am surprised a record breaking WR (given the NFL WR's we have had in the past roll through here...) is getting almost no love whatsoever. He's got what it takes to make it in the NFL I'm sure of it.

I'd be shocked if he got drafted... UFA to the Bills or Pats.
If BB thinks he can play a role, he'll use a 7th rather then have to battle for him as a UFA. Think he'll get drafted.

Another ex-Cuse player Trey Fairchild is hoping for a FA contract...however, his Dad thinks Canada is a very viable option if the NFL doesn't work out. For geography: Hamilton and Toronto are best for them.

Trey will be attending the CFL Free Agent combine on May 8th in London, Ontario @ Western University.

I wish Alec great luck !!!

I hope the Patriots draft Lemon in a late round, not a doubt in my mind a strong pocket presence like Brady could help him achieve his ceiling.

This coming from me as a Dolphins fan as well.

If BB thinks he can play a role, he'll use a 7th rather then have to battle for him as a UFA. Think he'll get drafted.
It would have to be in the 6th since they used there 7th rounder this year for T Jackson looking back at that deal and the Lynch deal the Bills just need to stop trading with Seattle

Jerry feel free to post any articles involving Trey on his quest to continue playing...lots of fans here rooting for him to make a roster.

I will. Right now it is just hard training and pretty much under the radar. His agent feels good about things, but we will see. It's a tough road.

It would have to be in the 6th since they used there 7th rounder this year for T Jackson looking back at that deal and the Lynch deal the Bills just need to stop trading with Seattle
Guaranteed Bill makes a trade on draft day that nets us a 7th.

Guaranteed Bill makes a trade on draft day that nets us a 7th.
Looking back I am now realizing you meant the Patriots coach not the Bills lol. I agree though they would trade a pick next year if they like Lemon enough. I think they take Taskers son though I just have a weird feeling