Alien Football | Syracusefan.com

Alien Football

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
If you were an alien from another galaxy and your spaceship landed on Earth (specifically in the USA) on Saturday and you wandered into a sports bar and started watching all of the football games on TV, you'd have to think all football games came down to the last minute and our whole human race lived and breathed based on the results of the game.

In short: this past weekend of NFL playoff football through Monday's BCS championship game has been absolutely tremendous!

They would also have learned very valuable life lessons.

A. No matter how bad it looks, keep churning, the game ain't over till its over.

B. Philadelphia is a terrible place

C. Never bet on the Bengals

funny, but what did we do this time? this has been the classiest "they were just better than us" loss i can remember from philly teams.

If you were an alien from another galaxy and your spaceship landed on Earth (specifically in the USA) on Saturday and you wandered into a sports bar and started watching all of the football games on TV, you'd have to think all football games came down to the last minute and our whole human race lived and breathed based on the results of the game.

In short: this past weekend of NFL playoff football through Monday's BCS championship game has been absolutely tremendous!

How much did you drink last night?

funny, but what did we do this time? this has been the classiest "they were just better than us" loss i can remember from philly teams.

Sorry man low hanging fruit. I posted it because the two guys with Eagles jerseys on at the bar where I watched the games were...shall we say...less than gracious, in defeat.

Sorry man low hanging fruit. I posted it because the two guys with Eagles jerseys on at the bar where I watched the games were...shall we say...less than gracious, in defeat.

I'll never forget the 3 Giants fans "teaching" my son the F word at Tullys two years ago. All fans are a$$holes when they are drunk and you're not a fan of their team... :)

philadelphia-eagles-cartoon-shaving-until-super-bowl.jpg

I keed, I keed. ;)

They would also have learned very valuable life lessons.

A. No matter how bad it looks, keep churning, the game ain't over till its over.

C. Never bet on the Bengals

D. Home teams lose.

Because most teams boo players that get concussions on the field...

An alien thread? Really? It really is the dead period.

Because most teams boo players that get concussions on the field...
this is a "cry wolf" situation. enough teams (saints included) have faked injuries to slow them down that they get what they get when guys go down for real. knock that off and the criticism is valid.

this is a "cry wolf" situation. enough teams (saints included) have faked injuries to slow them down that they get what they get when guys go down for real. knock that off and the criticism is valid.
When a guy is lying on the field writhing in pain and holding his head I'm pretty sure he's not faking an injury...

When a guy is lying on the field writhing in pain and holding his head I'm pretty sure he's not faking an injury...
are the fakers lying down drinking cocoa? they all lay down and hold something. knock that off and then judge the collective fan base (e.g., the michael irvin booing from WAY back certainly warrants criticism).

I thought you were about to start talking about the old video game Mutant League Football.

Color me disappointed.