All is Quiet: ACC not down but MOVING UPWARD | Syracusefan.com

All is Quiet: ACC not down but MOVING UPWARD

arbitragegls

All Conference
Just a few days from latest flair-up by the WVU and the imposters of truth, the ACC and its partner ESPN have been sending signals that could lead to loud applause from its universities and fans...of course one has to read the tea leaves in a positive difining way:

1. ESPN may infact take the BE at roughly $25mm/year...
--that is nearly $100,000,000 less than previously offered two years ago
--whether ESPN signs or not signals good things for the ACC
--MORE DOLLARS TO NEGEOTIATE WITH ACC
--ADDITIONAL AMMUNITION THAT ACC NETWORK IS MOVING FORWARD
--ACC network moving forward means ESPN needs inventory for ESPN3 etc w/out ACC
content being available becuase of Network/Channel going to ACC

2. ESPN owns most of SEC TV rights as well as the SEC Network about to be announced
--if what we believe to be true is that the TV networks have SAY in what conferences say/do
then it is intersting that MIKE SLIVE...commissioner of SEC, announced in last day that the
conference is NOT LOOKING TO EXPAND ANY TIME SOON--ESPN also is the ACC player

3. The ACC digital network is now available on 300,000,000 devices...lets repeat that:

The ACC Digital Network today announced several strategic partnerships to distribute video content, greatly expanding its reach and allowing fans to follow their teams through a multitude of platforms. The new partners announced today, combined with the established content destinations of YouTube, theACC.com, and hundreds of local newspaper and media sites make the ACC Digital Network content available across more than 300 million devices.
For the first time, fans will be able to access the ACC Digital Network’s live and on-demand programming through connected TVs, Blu-ray players, mobile and tablet video services on major wireless carriers, and internet delivered programming packages.
New partners include:
  • USATODAY Sports Digital Properties, part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group, the fourth-largest digital sports destination in the country (according to January 2013 comScore metrics) with more than 23 million monthly unique users consuming national, local and enthusiast sports content. (www.usatoday.com/sports)
  • Synacor; A white-label provider of next-gen startpages, TV Everywhere solutions, and Cloud Identity Management (IDM) services with over forty-five major cable, satellite, telecom, and consumer electronics customers including Verizon, Charter, CenturyLink, Dish Network, Toshiba and Lenovo. (www.synacor.com)
  • Sony BRAVIA Televisions and Blu-ray™ players (www.sony.com)
  • MobiTV; A global white label provider powering multiscreen video solutions to tier one carriers and operators (www.mobitv.com)
  • Roku ®; A leading streaming platform for delivering video, music and casual games to the TV. For more information, visit www.roku.com
  • Sky Angel Faith Everywhere; Features a robust line-up of faith-based linear channels and VOD options available through the computer or iPad ®(www.skyangelewebtv.com)
  • Dailymotion; As one of the leading sites for sharing videos, Dailymotion attracts over 106 million unique monthly visitors (source: comScore, Inc., Video Metrix, March 2012) and 2.5 billion videos views worldwide, offering the best content from users, independent content creators and premium partners. (www.dailymotion.com)
  • blinkx and its video search engine (www.blinkx.com)
I for one am sticking with my source(relative and cannot disown) and looking at what appears to be a very bright future...if the ACC can weather the storm clouds that are continuously pushed its way by those who do not know all the facts, than I believe we are in for a ACC age of revenue growth that will appeal to most any university.
Hope this adds a bit of faith to your outlook...'Cuse is in a good conference that is not on a diet nor life support...if anything, the conference is geared toward growth and prosperity greater than today! Have fun discussing: Go 'CUSE

The problem with all the rumors is that are generated by the degenerate. I'll go with you and your relatives - anyway, I still think you should be the Director of the CIA.

The problem with all the rumors is that are generated by the degenerate. I'll go with you and your relatives - anyway, I still think you should be the Director of the CIA.

Maybe that should be the ACCIA.

Thanks, Arb. Great info and analysis. If ESPN keeps the Big East, the Big East will likely play the midweek games and the nooners.

How happy is ESPN that the Big East turned that offer down.

The Yankees wish the Big East was ARod's agent in 2007. Just reject that, you'll get something better later on.

Arb, I take it most of #1 is just speculation on your part? Or is there evidence (possibly through your sources) that ESPN will be utilizing it's BE "savings" to grow the ACC product?

Great outlook, Arb.
The most telling thing for me came from this forum in the - "Oklahoma to B1G , CONFIRMED" thread.
It was amazing to watch that totally bogus joke thread ignite and get picked up by bloggers and other boards.
Its no wonder then that the WVU "ACC Jihadists" can regurgitate pure nonsense, and in hours it spreads thru-out the web.

so true...eventually slop against a wall sticks...but to believe these "insiders" truly have an in moreso than reputible sports reporters is silly...it is amazing how everything stopped from two-three days ago. Can something happen-possibly--did it happen then, NO.

Just a few days from latest flair-up by the WVU and the imposters of truth, the ACC and its partner ESPN have been sending signals that could lead to loud applause from its universities and fans...of course one has to read the tea leaves in a positive difining way:

1. ESPN may infact take the BE at roughly $25mm/year...
--that is nearly $100,000,000 less than previously offered two years ago
--whether ESPN signs or not signals good things for the ACC
--MORE DOLLARS TO NEGEOTIATE WITH ACC
--ADDITIONAL AMMUNITION THAT ACC NETWORK IS MOVING FORWARD
--ACC network moving forward means ESPN needs inventory for ESPN3 etc w/out ACC
content being available becuase of Network/Channel going to ACC

2. ESPN owns most of SEC TV rights as well as the SEC Network about to be announced
--if what we believe to be true is that the TV networks have SAY in what conferences say/do
then it is intersting that MIKE SLIVE...commissioner of SEC, announced in last day that the
conference is NOT LOOKING TO EXPAND ANY TIME SOON--ESPN also is the ACC player

3. The ACC digital network is now available on 300,000,000 devices...lets repeat that:

The ACC Digital Network today announced several strategic partnerships to distribute video content, greatly expanding its reach and allowing fans to follow their teams through a multitude of platforms. The new partners announced today, combined with the established content destinations of YouTube, theACC.com, and hundreds of local newspaper and media sites make the ACC Digital Network content available across more than 300 million devices.
For the first time, fans will be able to access the ACC Digital Network’s live and on-demand programming through connected TVs, Blu-ray players, mobile and tablet video services on major wireless carriers, and internet delivered programming packages.
New partners include:
  • USATODAY Sports Digital Properties, part of the USA TODAY Sports Media Group, the fourth-largest digital sports destination in the country (according to January 2013 comScore metrics) with more than 23 million monthly unique users consuming national, local and enthusiast sports content. (www.usatoday.com/sports)
  • Synacor; A white-label provider of next-gen startpages, TV Everywhere solutions, and Cloud Identity Management (IDM) services with over forty-five major cable, satellite, telecom, and consumer electronics customers including Verizon, Charter, CenturyLink, Dish Network, Toshiba and Lenovo. (www.synacor.com)
  • Sony BRAVIA Televisions and Blu-ray™ players (www.sony.com)
  • MobiTV; A global white label provider powering multiscreen video solutions to tier one carriers and operators (www.mobitv.com)
  • Roku ®; A leading streaming platform for delivering video, music and casual games to the TV. For more information, visit www.roku.com
  • Sky Angel Faith Everywhere; Features a robust line-up of faith-based linear channels and VOD options available through the computer or iPad ®(www.skyangelewebtv.com)
  • Dailymotion; As one of the leading sites for sharing videos, Dailymotion attracts over 106 million unique monthly visitors (source: comScore, Inc., Video Metrix, March 2012) and 2.5 billion videos views worldwide, offering the best content from users, independent content creators and premium partners. (www.dailymotion.com)
  • blinkx and its video search engine (www.blinkx.com)
I for one am sticking with my source(relative and cannot disown) and looking at what appears to be a very bright future...if the ACC can weather the storm clouds that are continuously pushed its way by those who do not know all the facts, than I believe we are in for a ACC age of revenue growth that will appeal to most any university.

Hope this adds a bit of faith to your outlook...'Cuse is in a good conference that is not on a diet nor life support...if anything, the conference is geared toward growth and prosperity greater than today! Have fun discussing: Go 'CUSE

In addition to all this good stuff, the ACC is now getting into the Restaurant Business. I thought I'd seen it all.

http://rdublog.com/2013/02/21/exciting-new-restaurants-coming-to-terminal-1/

did i miss something? i didn't see anything from our wvu friends.

also, didn't someone say if espn took on the nbe at all it wouldn't be as good for us and would be better for the acc if nbc or someone else got the nbe?

In addition to all this good stuff, the ACC is now getting into the Restaurant Business. I thought I'd seen it all.

http://rdublog.com/2013/02/21/exciting-new-restaurants-coming-to-terminal-1/
For a conference on its deathbed, the ACC sure seems to be signing alot of long-term contracts.
Go figure.
nuts2.gif

also, didn't someone say if espn took on the nbe at all it wouldn't be as good for us and would be better for the acc if nbc or someone else got the nbe?

Reality came about. The ACC hasn't been destroyed yet. They got played by our OU to B1G scoop. I think they are regrouping, having a pow-wow to plan their next stages of "How to Destroy the ACC in 2, 3, 4, 5 Easy Steps". We should be discovering that the ACC will fall apart by the end of February as:

- UNC and UVA to the B1G
- which launches VATech and NCState to the SEC
- causing FSU, Miami, GATech and Clemson to the Big 12 to form an eastern division
- then the B1G takes Duke and BC
- which ultimately leaves Syracuse, Pitt and Wake Forest begging WVU and the new Big 12 teams (FSU, Clemson, GATech and Miami) to bring us along to the Big 12.

The SEC gets a $15MM/Team bump.
The B1G only realizes a $10MM bump, they did take the NY garbage and this weighs them down
The PAC 12 is isolated
ND remains Indy, but signs a deal with the Big 12 for all non-football sports
The Big 12 gets a $60MM increase for bringing in NY, FL, PA, NC, SC and GA, quadrupling their TV footprint.
The LHN is forced upon all cable and satellite carriers nationwide.

I couldn't come up with anything more outrageous, so I may be off a little.

Reality came about. The ACC hasn't been destroyed yet. They got played by our OU to B1G scoop. I think they are regrouping, having a pow-wow to plan their next stages of "How to Destroy the ACC in 2, 3, 4, 5 Easy Steps". We should be discovering that the ACC will fall apart by the end of February as:

- UNC and UVA to the B1G
- which launches VATech and NCState to the SEC
- causing FSU, Miami, GATech and Clemson to the Big 12 to form an eastern division
- then the B1G takes Duke and BC
- which ultimately leaves Syracuse, Pitt and Wake Forest begging WVU and the new Big 12 teams (FSU, Clemson, GATech and Miami) to bring us along to the Big 12.

The SEC gets a $15MM/Team bump.
The B1G only realizes a $10MM bump, they did take the NY garbage and this weighs them down
The PAC 12 is isolated
ND remains Indy, but signs a deal with the Big 12 for all non-football sports
The Big 12 gets a $60MM increase for bringing in NY, FL, PA, NC, SC and GA, quadrupling their TV footprint.
The LHN is forced upon all cable and satellite carriers nationwide.

I couldn't come up with anything more outrageous, so I may be off a little.

No idea what you are talking about. Didn't see anyone from WVU (theDude) say that last week. I took the OP to mean WVU had started some uproar last week.

No idea what you are talking about. Didn't see anyone from WVU (theDude) say that last week. I took the OP to mean WVU had started some uproar last week.

Nothing new from the WVU front. I was offering a reason for their silence and some speculation of what the WVU geniuses will come up with. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were mocking the WVUers.

Yeah, Bees- Arb did say exactly that.
However I can see why he'd be more optimist after seeing the actual terms of the BE contract. They're basically getting the milk for a hefty discount compared to their prior ESPN offer, and the contract's value SHOULD have no impact on their dealings with the ACC.
IMHO, this was the smart business move and to not do it would've been dumb.

As for WVU- the last few days saw a flare-up in "UNC/UVA to B1G" rumors. It started with one FYI quote from a "reputable" source stating that "UNC has a B1G offer on the table"...something that's been true since 2003. The usual suspects then extrapolated that tidbit to mean that UNC was "gone", and the ACC was DOOOMED.
Predictably, nothing happened...and its off to the NEXT rumor.
Film at 11.
05-stirthepot.gif

What? What is that all about?
Yes...a fairly upscale restaurant that will feature food from the areas of the ACC.

I nominate Chicken Riggies and Spiedi to represent Syracuse.

Nothing new from the WVU front. I was offering a reason for their silence and some speculation of what the WVU geniuses will come up with. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were mocking the WVUers.

No problem. I thought I had missed some WVU uproar.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Sent using my Commodore 64

one question, why would espn give the acc more money just because espn has money left over from the big east? companies don't usually like to decrease their margin unless the other side has negotiating power (hasn't the acc been locked in already?)

one question, why would espn give the acc more money just because espn has money left over from the big east? companies don't usually like to decrease their margin unless the other side has negotiating power (hasn't the acc been locked in already?)

Due to outside threats...ESPN controls the ACC. They need the ACC as a viable Power 5 conference to provide programming for their better slots. If too big of a spread exists between the ACC and the B1G or the SEC it might encourage the conference teams (UNC, FSU, Miami, Clemson, UVA, GTech and ND) to move. If one or two of these teams move it changes the whole dynamics of the ACC. The B1G already widened and extended their phalanx (Bulge) into the mid-Atlantic NJ/MD. Adding UVA would be a huge loss for the ACC and effectively create geographic outposts for the northern flank. If one more leaves...will it lead to more defections? Just Maybe. ESPN could lose if the ACC gets marginalized and a few of the bigger ACC Brand Names go over to the B1G or SEC.

The B1G is going to be mostly FOX, The SEC has a big CBS component. The ACC is all ESPN.

makes se
Due to outside threats...ESPN controls the ACC. They need the ACC as a viable Power 5 conference to provide programming for their better slots. If too big of a spread exists between the ACC and the B1G or the SEC it might encourage the conference teams (UNC, FSU, Miami, Clemson, UVA, GTech and ND) to move. If one or two of these teams move it changes the whole dynamics of the ACC. The B1G already widened and extended their phalanx (Bulge) into the mid-Atlantic NJ/MD. Adding UVA would be a huge loss for the ACC and effectively create geographic outposts for the northern flank. If one more leaves...will it lead to more defections? Just Maybe. ESPN could lose if the ACC gets marginalized and a few of the bigger ACC Brand Names go over to the B1G or SEC.

The B1G is going to be mostly FOX, The SEC has a big CBS component. The ACC is all ESPN.
ah yes, makes sense. thanks

When is the SEC bid up for renewal? ESPN can always outbid everyone for that. Don't expect the Evil Sports Programming Network to prop the ACC up, It won't happen. They have their own agenda, and there is plenty of proof that that will follow their own agenda first.

Fans and eye balls are the reason for the ACC to stay strong. If the Big and SEC dominate the landscape it will mean the eventual death of college football. Other than very loyal fans nobody will tune into games that have no meaning and advertisers will soon flee. Nelison is changing the way the rate based on a need to survive. Concentration is bad for ESPN

Fans and eye balls are the reason for the ACC to stay strong. If the Big and SEC dominate the landscape it will mean the eventual death of college football. Other than very loyal fans nobody will tune into games that have no meaning and advertisers will soon flee. Nelison is changing the way the rate based on a need to survive. Concentration is bad for ESPN

Nelison is the company that chooses random people and records their television viewing, correct? If so, then that is what I am in right now. They knocked on my door one day and set it up for my roommates and I. We get paid for it, it's great.