All the pieces | Syracusefan.com

All the pieces

20Plus

True PG who can also score
True shooters who can make plays
Offensive Post Man
Slashers and drivers
Depth and length
The only thing missing is a leader on the court. MCW?
BT is not the leader on the court he's to reserved IMO.

I agree but we need to stay healthy and get the peices to work well together as well as learn the defense.

I think other than CJ we are a bit limited in the slasher department especially at the forward spot. Grant looks like he will be a great slasher as he matures.

You say an on-court leader is missing and I would agree to the point that we don't yet know who it will be, but one will almost eventually emerge.

But a bit different than that, I think an Alpha player is missing. I see that as a bit different that an on-court leader. I see that as the player that can step up and be counted on to get us points at a critical juncture. Not just a guy willing to take the shot, but the guy that can create offense, create space and not only be willing to take the shot, but put himself in a position to make it a high percentage shot with a good chance of being converted.

Guys like Melo and JDubs during our the '03 run or '96 runs. Had Dion stayed, I think he definitely would have evolved into that guy and fit that bill. But, I am not sure that anyone on the current roster fits that bill at this point in their development. But, we'll see possibly MCW or DC, but both may be too inexperienced. I don't think Triche has the makeup for it, but maybe with the dawn of his senior season he'll be more aggressive in looking for his own offense.

One missing element might be a penetrator--someone who can create shots for themselves or others off of the bounce when the shot clock is winding down. Not saying that MCW can't do that, just that it remains to be seen.

Having all the pieces can be overated. We had no post up big last year, crappy rebounding, and no good three point shooter(although Dion did shoot it ok for the season) and still were one of the top two teams in the country because of our dribble penetration, depth and Fab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom