All this conversation... | Syracusefan.com

All this conversation...

UD1954

Scout Team
about MCW and being a NBA lottery pick has affected his play since Big East play...at times it seems he doesn't even see his teammates let alone pass to them. Normally you feed the hot hand, but MCW doesn't seem to want to share the limelight...if I'm seeing this wrong help me.

lets see how many different threads we can get going concerning "stall ball" and "MCW and the NBA."

It's very frustrating to watch sometimes. The kid is good, very good. But today he was selfish and it bit us in the ass...I hope he learns...

I think he's just too aware of his own stats and hype, personally. A lot of times he forces passes because he seems to only want to give it up if it'll lead directly to an assist.

In the words of the parent of a former point guard at SU, Don't Believe the Hype, Just Play the Game.

nba gm's after yesterday's performance

His stats are assisted (pardon the pun) a great deal by JS. I'd be willing to bet the level of his play will improve if we can get JS back as he opens everything up and keeps defenses honest.

His stats are assisted (pardon the pun) a great deal by JS. I'd be willing to bet the level of his play will improve if we can get JS back as he opens everything up and keeps defenses honest.

We are also playing teams that are much better defensively and more physical now in the BE than we did in the OOC. Where some people see selfishness, it may also be an inability to see the open man that he was able to see against the lesser opponent. His TOs have also gone up and attempts to limit them may be cutting into his willingness to make certain passes.