All-Tuition Bracket | Syracusefan.com

All-Tuition Bracket

That's pretty funny. In the championship game are George Washington and American... two schools that I literally cannot tell apart (two mid-majors somewhere around DC attended by no one I have ever known)!

That's pretty funny. In the championship game are George Washington and American... two schools that I literally cannot tell apart (two mid-majors somewhere around DC attended by no one I have ever known)!

And two schools with Vermont connections for me - daughter of a good friend attends American and the coach at George Washington is the former HC at UVM and I used to play pick up with his wife at my son's school.

It is interesting that two DC area schools are the most expensive though.

And two schools with Vermont connections for me - daughter of a good friend attends American and the coach at George Washington is the former HC at UVM and I used to play pick up with his wife at my son's school.

It is interesting that two DC area schools are the most expensive though.

GW is famously the most expensive school in the country (the world?). Their side of the bracket had more heavy hitters than AU's. There is a blog made up of the pictures of the $100K-plus cars that GW students drive around campus. They built a luxury tower next to campus thinking that K Street professionals and doctors at the med school would snap up the units. It's filled with GW kids bankrolled by their parents.

Last edited:
It appears to reflect "in-state" tuition rates for the state-supported schools.

Lots of errors in this. The first thing I saw was $4,710 for BYU -- I immediately thought that BYU must have been the cheapest private university to attend in the nation.

I looked it up. BYU is $4,710 for a Non-LDS member, per semester. Again, I immediately thought that BYU must be the cheapest private university to attend in the nation...

I thought Mercer would win the first round for sure but remembered we were matched up with Duke. Oh well, we'll just have to take them in the real thing on Friday.

I am guessing those are only the in state tuition costs for the state schools.

I just looked up the cost of attending NYU (which I attended for my MBA) and the tuition there is now 45k. If you also want to live on campus it now costs a total of GULP... 64,000 a year!! That's insane. Lucky my employer paid for it back in the 80's!

PS - not that the purple violet instill ANY fear at any known sporting event lol. They win at nothing, ever.

$1700 at UMass? Are they a community college?
They updated the page with the following:
the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, the bracketed school with the lowest annual tuition—just $1,714. Update: Peterson's is way off for UMass; real numbers put North Carolina Central University into the win, with a tuition of $3,455.

I just looked up the cost of attending NYU (which I attended for my MBA) and the tuition there is now 45k. If you also want to live on campus it now costs a total of GULP... 64,000 a year!! That's insane.
SU's total cost of attendance is over $57k.

I looked it up. BYU is $4,710 for a Non-LDS member, per semester.
If you can deal with some of the rules & expectations it's probably the best deal in the land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom