Allen Speaks | Syracusefan.com

Allen Speaks

The thing that really stood out to me was when Coach Shafer called me. He said, 'Drew, we got your email, we want to recruit you. Appreciate you sending the email. I've been on the phone with Coach Stoops'...I came to find out that he and Coach Stoops had an Ohio connection...'I talked to him, he gave me the rundown on who you are and what you're about, that's all I needed.'

Sounds like our starting QB.....I am sure our coaching staff takes a stamp of approval from Coach Stoops' very seriously.

I can't wait for McDonald and Shaffer in the next big battle for the top NY guy.

Worst case - if Drew Allen doesn't win the job, he has pushed Hunt to improve his game. Plus we have a quality backup should the need arise. It's a no brainer! It's nice that the football gods finally have started to smile on 'Cuse.

it's going on now. were battling Ohio St, Bama, USC, Oklahoma, Florida St, and the rest of the nation. I wish them the best

Are you talking the juco Mavety who's from New Jersey? There's actually 4 pretty touted New Yorkers right now and one is headed to ND, Holley and Samuel are highly doubtful to sign here and the 4th is the kid from Buffalo who's starting to make a name for himself.

There are some other good NY prospects out there but the offers aren't there quite yet.

Are you talking the juco Mavety who's from New Jersey? There's actually 4 pretty touted New Yorkers right now and one is headed to ND, Holley and Samuel are highly doubtful to sign here and the 4th is the kid from Buffalo who's starting to make a name for himself.

There are some other good NY prospects out there but the offers aren't there quite yet.

ya i was referring to Mavety. From NJ playing at Nassau same thing basically. This may be the most talented NYS has been in quite some time.

ya i was referring to Mavety. From NJ playing at Nassau same thing basically. This may be the most talented NYS has been in quite some time.

I wouldn't count him. He's a juco who's not a New Yorker.

Everyone spend 41 minutes and listen to this interview. Do it now.
wow, great listen, you're right. Highly worth the time. What a person the kid is, it really is an in depth interview and you get a sense of the kid in every respect.

And just as much how awesome Shaffer appears to be with such great potential here. It validates every thought I had about Shaffer that I put in my spring game post. Love the way Allen refers to Syracuses program as not only an up and comer but already a winner and on the verge of a being a 10 win program again. The kids not the type that annoints himself and rather gets he needs to win the competition and integrate himself well.

Great listen.

Dougs best recruit was Shafer. Shafer saved the first three years and gave Doug the time to find his way on O. The first couple of years Doug was lost on that side of the ball and it showed. Without Shafer as his D coordinator Doug would have gone from an NFL coach to being on the hot seat if not being replaced as our head coach. Shafers experiance on that side of the ball provided Doug with the luxury and time to grow as a head coach and to get the O side in order

Love this interview for three reasons:

1. Thorough!

2. Kid sounds exceptionally confident in who he is and appears to have a phenomenal attitude, outlook an competitiveness.

3. Makes some tangible comments that recruiting-wise, Shafe & McD (in particular) are who we hoped they are...

3. Makes some tangible comments that recruiting-wise, Shafe & McD (in particular) are who we hoped they are...

So, are you saying "They are who we thought they were?"

If he's not the starting QB against PSU I'd be floored.

Did not have a chance to listen but did he mention as to when he is moving up here? I assume their are still lots of WR's to throw the ball to not to mention getting time with the OC and coaches over the summer. The sooner the better in my mind.

Did not have a chance to listen but did he mention as to when he is moving up here? I assume their are still lots of WR's to throw the ball to not to mention getting time with the OC and coaches over the summer. The sooner the better in my mind.

He has to finish his semester at Okie (he is graduating this spring)... He indicated he'd be starting grad classes at SU in the first summer session... so prolly end of June?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom