Almost halfway thru the ACC season and only one game behind 1st place | Syracusefan.com

Almost halfway thru the ACC season and only one game behind 1st place

If we can win 2of the next 3 and get to 8-3 in acc we’d be in tremendous shape heading into the murderers row part of the schedule. Would only need to win 2 of the last 6 games to get to 10 acc wins which would make us a lock

At pitt
Fsu
Bc

If we can win 2of the next 3 and get to 8-3 in acc we’d be in tremendous shape heading into the murderers row part of the schedule. Would only need to win 2 of the last 6 games to get to 10 acc wins which would make us a lock

At pitt
Fsu
Bc

I would love to see the team sweep those three.

go 2-4 vs the ranked teams left
go 2-2 vs the unranked and there is 10-8.

can we got 3-3 and 3-1 and make it 12?

gotta stop the dumb plays late in games

We have 15 wins right now. 15-6. 10 games left, excluding the ACCT. 19 regular season wins and we're sweating all Selection Week. 20 and we feel decent, 21 wins we feel pretty good, 22 wins we're a lock.

Must win games:
@ Pitt
BC
@ Wake
@ Clemson

Decent chance of winning:
FSU
@ NC State
Louisville

Potential for season-saving wins:
Duke
@UNC
UVA

We have 15 wins right now. 15-6. 10 games left, excluding the ACCT. 19 regular season wins and we're sweating all Selection Week. 20 and we feel decent, 21 wins we feel pretty good, 22 wins we're a lock.

Must win games:
@ Pitt
BC
@ Wake
@ Clemson

FSU
@ NC State
Louisville

Duke
@UNC
UVA
That @NC State is going to be a tough one. Another mid week on the road @ 8 pm. Plus they have a pretty good squad this year. Plus I think we might lose another of the road games as well (not counting @UNC).

Easier schedule so far but you play who's on your schedule. Stay in the race and great opportunity lays ahead

Agree. Banking the wins before the gauntlet

Must win games:
@ Pitt
BC
@ Wake
@ Clemson

FSU
@ NC State
Louisville

Duke
@UNC
UVA
Our road record, especially the win at Duke, will put us over the top when we get to 20 wins.

22 wins would put us closer to a 5 seed than the bubble.

As always, the Pitt game is a coin flip at best. Even when they are horrible we struggle mightily to beat them at their place. It can be done, obviously, but if there is a WTFLoss out there, that one will be it.

Here is the Quadrant system breakdown of our remaining schedule based on current NET rankings

Q1 Home - Virginia, Duke, Louisville
Q1 Away - UNC, NC State, Pittsburgh, Clemson
Q2 Home - FSU
Q3 Home - BC
Q3 Away - Wake Forest

Pittsburgh is close to falling out of the top 75 so that game could end being a Q2 Away win

FSU
@ NC State
Louisville

These are the ones I want the most. Assuming current standings don't change drastically this sets us up best for ACC tourney.

Why this is primo scenario:

1) They are the 3 most likely to pass us (or in L'ville's case, stay ahead of us) in the ACC standings. Beating them makes it that much harder to pass us since we would hold the tie breaker head to head.
2) Take care of enough business in the other 7 games and barring a collapse among VT, UNC, Duke and UVA that would put us in the ACC Tourney as the #5 seed.
3) We would earn a first round bye, and would play a very winnable game against the winner of the 12/13 game. Winner of that game gets to face (most likely) VT since UNC holds tie breaker over them and I don't see them passing Duke or UVA in standings.
4) If seeds hold this scenario avoids having to play Duke/UVA/UNC until semifinal.

Why this is a pipe dream:

1) Even if we beat Louisville, it might be tough to stay ahead of them in the standings.
2) Taking care of business in the other 7 games may be a tall order for this team.
3) Buzz gets a week to prepare for us again in this scenario.

I think we lose at Pitt but beat Louisville, BC, Wake and FSU - 19 heading into ACC play. I think at 19 we are in.

I said 13 ACC wins and I’m sticking to it.

I think that's possible, but we need at least 11. That's how I'm looking at it.
And at 11, I still think we might need a win at the ACC Tournament, just to get to 20.

And at 11, I still think we might need a win at the ACC Tournament, just to get to 20.

you think we need 11 acc wins plus an acc tourny win to make the tournament?? if we did that we'd probably be a 6 or 7 seed, stone cold lock. i think 10 acc wins would make us a lock, our road record will be worth alot come selection sunday.

I'm not sure about your math here, unless I'm reading it wrong. 11-7 in the ACC puts us at 20 wins before the ACC tournament.

I'm not sure about your math here, unless I'm reading it wrong. 11-7 in the ACC puts us at 20 wins before the ACC tournament.

Sorry, I was thinking we went 8-4 pre-ACC, but you're right, we won 9 games.
My bad.

6 wins. we beat duke who is 7-1 in conference. other 5 wins the combined league record is 8-28.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom