Amazing how many players drastically improve under Jimmy | Syracusefan.com

Amazing how many players drastically improve under Jimmy

the old guy certainly knows how to get the best out of his players. Every year kids show massive improvements. All the credit to the coaching staff as they continually show they know what is best.

Cuse
But according to some on here, we haven’t been developing our players well.

the old guy certainly knows how to get the best out of his players. Every year kids show massive improvements. All the credit to the coaching staff as they continually show they know what is best.

Cuse

Looking at this year's team, Chukwu's improvement over last year -- and from the start of this season -- has been striking.

Dolezaj has added confidence and a little offensive game to the hustle, length and basketball IQ he came here with.

And Frank -- love him or not-so-much -- is transformed from the guy who was miserable in so many respects last season.

Cuse
How amazing?

Well, both teams played a lot of freshmen. Just compare the number of McDonalds All-Americans we put on the floor last night vs. the number of future first round NBA draft picks Duke was able to play against us and then look at the final score.

That Jim Boeheim detractors don't notice his amazing ability to develop new players into a powerfully competitive team year after year is beyond my powers of comprehension...

Cuse
That's one thing that Coach K mentioned a bunch of times during the post-game press conference. How players always improve under JB.

He's a terrific coach in every way (well maybe not at press conferences). Even the role players became better role players. The only guy I can recall that went the wrong direction over four years was Roberson. Considering that everybody was a star in High School and thinks they know it all when they get on campus, to have kids work well enough as a team to win 20 games every year is a major accomplishment.

Cuse

But..but...but.. he's 73, no coach has ever won an NCAA tournament game at that age. Lol!

We love Jimmy!!!

How amazing?

Well, both teams played a lot of freshmen. Just compare the number of McDonalds All-Americans we put on the floor last night vs. the number of future first round NBA draft picks Duke was able to play against us and then look at the final score.

That Jim Boeheim detractors don't notice his amazing ability to develop new players into a powerfully competitive team year after year is beyond my powers of comprehension...
I think Bagley is going to a big star at the next level but I thought Chukwu did reasonably well next to him. Very happy overall with our rebounding last night, even though Duke crushed us on the 2nd chance points.

I think Bagley is going to a big star at the next level but I thought Chukwu did reasonably well next to him. Very happy overall with our rebounding last night, even though Duke crushed us on the 2nd chance points.

Before chuckwu got winded and hampered by fouls he was toe to toe with Bagley. Most lift PC has had in a while on those early alley oops. Having a legit rotation where he can be fresh to dominate for shorter stretches next year will be huge.

Chukwu and Frank are not good examples; both were injured last season.

Looking at this year's team, Chukwu's improvement over last year -- and from the start of this season -- has been striking.

Dolezaj has added confidence and a little offensive game to the hustle, length and basketball IQ he came here with.

And Frank -- love him or not-so-much -- is transformed from the guy who was miserable in so many respects last season.

I thought about this. Coach K is phenomenal but he really has had much more to work with forever. No one does more with less than Jim Boeheim. No one.
I have a young friend who is very basketball savvy. He wrote to me last night, “This season is proof that Boeheim still has it, and this is coming from a Boeheim doubter.”

After this season, most people are going to understand and value what we have in our Coach, and when he retires the Orange Nation will mightily weep and grieve.

I have a young friend who is very basketball savvy. He wrote to me last night, “This season is proof that Boeheim still has it, and this is coming from a Boeheim doubter.”

After this season, most people are going to understand and value what we have in our Coach, and when he retires the Orange Nation will mightily weep and grieve.

If he goes 13-5 in the ACC and/or Buddy shoots under 38% from 3 next year, they’ll be riding JB out of town on a rail.

If he goes 13-5 in the ACC and/or Buddy shoots under 38% from 3 next year, they’ll be riding JB out of town on a rail.
I think if Buddy shoots under 50% from three, JB will be ridden out of town. lol