Amazingly bad | Syracusefan.com

Amazingly bad

SWC75

Bored Historian
Today my Mets put together the following numbers. They lost 1-2 in 20 innings against the Marlins, who have now beaten them 7 times in 10 games. Miami is 10-41 against everyone else. The Mets left 22 runners on base and were a franchise record 0 for 19 with runners in scoring position, (the Marlins were 2 for 4). The Mets stuck out 19 times and couldn't score after the second inning, despite being walked 9 times. They put two men on base in 7 of the last 12 innings of the game and a runner on second in 9 of the last 13. Matt Harvey pitched well but had to come out of the game with a sore back. Another starter, Shaun Markum pitched a sterling 8 innings in relief but got hit by a pitch in the arm because the Mets were running out of pitchers and he had to bat. He got the loss to extend his record to 0-7 this year.

So how was your day?

Today my Mets put together the following numbers. They lost 1-2 in 20 innings against the Marlins, who have now beaten them 7 times in 10 games. Miami is 10-41 against everyone else. The Mets left 22 runners on base and were a franchise record 0 for 19 with runners in scoring position, (the Marlins were 2 for 4). The Mets stuck out 19 times and couldn't score after the second inning, despite being walked 9 times. They two men on base in 7 of the last 12 innings of the game and a runner on second in 9 of the last 13. Matt Harvey pitched well but had to come out of the game with a sore back. Another starter, Shaun Markum pitched a sterling 8 innings in relief but got hit by a pitch in the arm because the Mets were running out of pitchers and he had to bat. He got the loss to extend his record to 0-7 this year.

So how was your day?

I've never seen a team collectively swing and miss as much as these Mets. What's sad is they dont have the power to support the horrible approaches they take at the plate. :bat:

I've never seen a team collectively swing and miss as much as these Mets. What's sad is they dont have the power to support the horrible approaches they take at the plate. :bat:

They are supposed to be playing "Moneyball". This is "Povertyball".

Today my Mets put together the following numbers. They lost 1-2 in 20 innings against the Marlins, who have now beaten them 7 times in 10 games. Miami is 10-41 against everyone else. The Mets left 22 runners on base and were a franchise record 0 for 19 with runners in scoring position, (the Marlins were 2 for 4). The Mets stuck out 19 times and couldn't score after the second inning, despite being walked 9 times. They put two men on base in 7 of the last 12 innings of the game and a runner on second in 9 of the last 13. Matt Harvey pitched well but had to come out of the game with a sore back. Another starter, Shaun Markum pitched a sterling 8 innings in relief but got hit by a pitch in the arm because the Mets were running out of pitchers and he had to bat. He got the loss to extend his record to 0-7 this year.
Thy are called Hitting coaches. They are suppose to evaluate these things and make adjustments accordingly.:p

So how was your day?
Some management teams are superior to others . The Mets play in the same market as the Yankees and still remain the"other team in NYC Outside of one miracle season ,how have they taken advantage of that market?This despite have higher draft choices than the Yankees.The Yankees get screwed for their success and the Mets rewarded even though they piss away that advantage just about every year.

Some management teams are superior to others . The Mets play in the same market as the Yankees and still remain the"other team in NYC Outside of one miracle season ,how have they taken advantage of that market?This despite have higher draft choices than the Yankees.The Yankees get screwed for their success and the Mets rewarded even though they piss away that advantage just about every year.

I've always said that, while the Mets can't have the Yankees past, I don't see why they can't have the Yankee's future. It's the same market and by running the ballclub properly and taking advantage of the same market, the Mets should become regular contenders in the National League, just as the Yankees are in the American league. I'm not talking about winning three World Series in a row: I'm talking about what the Yankees have been the last dozen years: I think the Mets can do that. But it's not going to happen with the Wilpons in charge. they signed players to deferred compensation contracts, which is supposed to free up money for the ballclub to improve itself and gave that money to Bernie Madoff, figuring that Madoff would win up making them more money than they would eventually have to pay the players. That was the player's money, essentially loaned to the ballclub. The Wilpons are the majority stockholders but it wasn't there money. And it certainly wasn't theirs to give to Bernie Madoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom