An Oshae Observation | Syracusefan.com

An Oshae Observation

iommi

Living Legend
I've noticed this all year...

When he is inbounding the ball after a made basket or FT he remains stationary. I'm not going to say he's done it in every instance but in nearly every instance. He can be under tremendous pressure to get the ball in and he does not run the baseline. It's really odd, as if he doesn't know the rule. I'm just guessing it's habitual.

Has anyone else noticed this and more importantly, have our coaches? I shudder to think that they haven't but why does he still do it? Things like that can cost you a ballgame.

Last edited:

When he is inbounding the ball after a made basket or FT he remains stationary. I'm not going to say in every instance but in nearly every instance. He can be under tremendous pressure to get the ball in and he does not run the baseline. It's really odd, as if he doesn't know the rule. I'm just guessing it's habitual.

Has anyone else noticed this and more importantly, have our coaches? I shudder to think that they haven't but why does he still do it? Things like that can cost you a ballgame
On a dead ball throw in, the refs are really good about letting the player know whether he can move or not. I hope he knows the rule. Not knowing it would be unacceptable.

On a dead ball throw in, the refs are really good about letting the player know whether he can move or not. I hope he knows the rule. Not knowing it would be unacceptable.

I'm sure he knows it, that's why I'm saying it's probably a habit. Do the coaches want him to stay still because of our play design but then he forgets to move when it's necessary? I really don't know what to make of it.

Last edited:
Remember that time Melo didn't know he couldn't move and turned the ball over? I think it was a sideline inbounds after the ball was kicked out of bounds or something like that.

Classic

Remember that time Melo didn't know he couldn't move and turned the ball over? I think it was a sideline inbounds after the ball was kicked out of bounds or something like that.

Classic

I don't remember that but Matt walked inbounding the ball at half court at MSG against UConn. He was running the sideline. :confused:

Classic
It was awesome. Honestly I can’t remember any JB teams running baseline to throw it in. Arguably it’s more difficult so maybe we don’t practice it.

I don’t understand why with 2 seconds left it’s not an automatic long ball to the front court. All the player needs to do is touch it and game over

It was awesome. Honestly I can’t remember any JB teams running baseline to throw it in. Arguably it’s more difficult so maybe we don’t practice it.

I don’t understand why with 2 seconds left it’s not an automatic long ball to the front court. All the player needs to do is touch it and game over

If you throw it too far and nobody touches it and it goes out of bounds, it’s the opponents ball from where you inbounded it. That risk is the only reason I see.

If you throw it too far and nobody touches it and it goes out of bounds, it’s the opponents ball from where you inbounded it. That risk is the only reason I see.
If we have a 3 pt lead, the last thing I want is a long throw in. I want the ball inside the 3 pt line

But you can easily lob into the front court and let your guy get there...

I remember Derrick Coleman playing QB several times on inbounds. He could throw it on a rope, one armed, end line to end line, and that is not easy for a basketball player to do.

Good posts here. Have you guys noticed the same thing I did about Oshae? It's very odd when we are pressured.

Good posts here. Have you guys noticed the same thing I did about Oshae? It's very odd when we are pressured.

To tell you the truth, I haven't paid that much attention. I think there a lot of players who don't run the baseline in today's game.

To tell you the truth, I haven't paid that much attention. I think there a lot of players who don't run the baseline in today's game.
When facing inbound pressure we had specific plays that took advantage of being able to move

When facing inbound pressure we had specific plays that took advantage of being able to move
We also took advantage of being able to pass the ball along the baseline

When he is inbounding the ball after a made basket or FT he remains stationary. I'm not going to say he's done it in every instance but in nearly every instance. He can be under tremendous pressure to get the ball in and he does not run the baseline. It's really odd, as if he doesn't know the rule. I'm just guessing it's habitual.

Has anyone else noticed this and more importantly, have our coaches? I shudder to think that they haven't but why does he still do it? Things like that can cost you a ballgame.
Easy remedy--let marek handle the in-bounds.

It's because we have different basketball rules in Canada. The way Americans play is unnatural.

You must inbound the ball from a stationery position after every score, unless of course the other team scored a rouge. After a rouge you can move on the baseline, permitted you are wearing a toque.

Last edited:
Stream of consciousness thinking: Remember in the tournament in 1976 when North Carolina ran the baseline and put a stationary player in the way of our defender. We came oh so close to getting called for a foul on that.

Have we had any 5 second calls on inbounds plays following made baskets? I don't specifically recall any.

Have we had any 5 second calls on inbounds plays following made baskets? I don't specifically recall any.
No but we have had 10 second calls this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom