Anatomy of a Christmas DQ | Syracusefan.com

Anatomy of a Christmas DQ

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
1. Commit two completely brain dead fouls in the opening few minutes.

2. Go to pine.

3. Come back into game and avoid fouls for the middle third of the game.

4. Commit one legit foul.

5. Commit two phantom fouls late as you are literally running out of your opponents way to prevent fouling them. Alas the refs dont care at this point and just feel like you should be fouled out by now.

The inconsistency is maddening. He picks up these strange fouls while getting battered every time he touches on the ball on the other end.

Also, I'd assumed Foul #2 was a legitimate push-off yesterday, but after watching it again this morning, it looks like the Villanova rebounder took a dive. Christmas didn't even get into body, just made a sort of swim move from arm's length away.

almost every game he gets whistled for at least one foul where he is backing out of the way of the guy hes defending. I guess its a foul if you dont provide structural support to your opponent and make sure he stays on his feet.

The inconsistency is maddening. He picks up these strange fouls while getting battered every time he touches on the ball on the other end.

Also, I'd assumed Foul #2 was a legitimate push-off yesterday, but after watching it again this morning, it looks like the Villanova rebounder took a dive. Christmas didn't even get into body, just made a sort of swim move from arm's length away.

Yeah, I was hoping for a replay on that one. And about 83 other plays - but Fox must have blown all their money on the stupid snowflake graphics and couldn't afford to run back replays on iffy calls.

It didn't look like much, but I'm fine with that call - except they wouldn't call Nova for bulldozing people on rebounds. McC had one in the first half where he missed, they stomped him, and got the rebound. It happened over and over, but Christmas gets called for that?

We really need to fall down more. Although that didn't work either, TC goes down, still no foul.

I'd love see Rak not pick up a foul in the first 2 minutes of the game for once. For crying out loud, can't you make a conscious effort to not get a foul in the first 2-3 minutes ...please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom