And so it begins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

And so it begins

No matter what I look forward to SU FB.
Same here. Except I’ve mellowed a LOT over the past 15 or so years. If they disappoint I accept it quickly and try to find other ways to enjoy the fall.

They have to stay healthy. Period.

August 3,
The hope, anticipation, glory, pain , suffering, frustration , elation, fun, friendship, commradarie,
Long road trips , excitement , and on and on. ………………….That come with an Orange football season for the many hardcores that post (and lurk ) on this board.
This is the Year !!! Maybe ?
This team has the capability to be undefeated 5-0 going into the NCSt game, who they get after an open week.

I’m not saying it’s likely, but this roster is set up to hit the ground running based on returning experience and production.

4 of 5 at home, time to step up and win at home against what should be peer programs.

As far as opponents, this has to be one of the best opposing QB groups I can remember.

Leary, Hartman, O'Connell, Armstrong, Cunningham, Jurkovec, Slovis, whoever ND starts plus a assumed improvement in Jordan Travis and DJ U.

Honestly...one of the best QB's groups the ACC has had in a long time.

It's time for another root canal already? I just had one last seas...err, year.
Root canals are not painful. It's the abscessed tooth that is painful. Been there.

We need to stay healthy at key positions as do most teams without a ton of depth. The fact that we have a strong secondary and LB group should help us combat the top QBs that we will face.

I'm hoping that our new OC can work his magic early on and steal a couple of games before guys start to get a book on us. Ville is so important. On one hand I hate opening against them as they are extremely talented on the other the first game at home at night gives us our best chance of winning. Beat Ville and we go bowling for sure. Let's go Cuse!

This team has the capability to be undefeated 5-0 going into the NCSt game, who they get after an open week.

I’m not saying it’s likely, but this roster is set up to hit the ground running based on returning experience and production.

4 of 5 at home, time to step up and win at home against what should be peer programs.

How we perform against peer programs this year will go a long way toward our team getting bowl eligible.

Have to win some games against our peers, and not white knuckle in November.

Hopefully Dino played the team a clip of Portnoy saying "they used to play football in Syracuse, but not anymore" for motivation.

If we beat Notra Dame, I’ll dance in an orange speedo to the cuse fight song at a fine mess tailgate.
Not that I'm into seeing men dance in Speedo's, but It would be a sight and suitable for Sports Center.

Stopping the run, showing some ability to throw the ball, and the kicking game will be the 3 keys in my opinion. We can't miss makeable FG's this year with our thin margins.

Can't worry about injuries - they are going to happen. IF we can't play because of it that is on the staff.

Stopping the run, showing some ability to throw the ball, and the kicking game will be the 3 keys in my opinion. We can't miss makeable FG's this year with our thin margins.

Can't worry about injuries - they are going to happen. IF we can't play because of it that is on the staff.
I would add creating turnovers as well. we were pretty terrible with takeaways last year. very much agree with the three things you listed.

I would add creating turnovers as well. we were pretty terrible with takeaways last year. very much agree with the three things you listed.

Turnovers are so random and variable -

That said, let's hope that after being waaaaaaay below average in that regard last year, we at least revert to the mean, if not have an above average year to bring that average back up. ;)
#MATH!!!! :p

I think we are going to be more aggressive this year.

The defense has been fully installed and the main guys in it are experienced and well trained. Look for a lot more blitzing, mayhem, more man coverage and more willingness to take risks.

It nothing else, it should be interesting to watch what Tony can do with an experienced group playing his defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom