and with almost nothing from AW III | Syracusefan.com

and with almost nothing from AW III

pearl31

in cahoots
I honestly didn't think that kind of win would be possible with pretty much nothing from White. Part of it certainly was the stellar defense of M.Jones but AW pretty much just hit a 3 in the 1st half and then a couple FTs in the 2nd...
And we beat a top-10 team.
amazing

Respect to White for being content playing decoy and not forcing. Team player all the way.

I'm not sure it was the best strategy to really not even bother trying to free him up, but can't argue with the second half results. We scored 53 points and the spacing created by Duke faceguarding White certainly helped.

Yeah, it was easy to believe good things were happening when Battle was heat checking step backs all over Jim Boeheim court.
He was definitely feeling it and thought so when he hit his first step back. When he figures out how good he is, and not many can stop him, look out. I think his dad might be right.

I said we needed White to get involved just as he drew a foul and dropped in a couple foul shots. He was quiet, I wish he was more active on defense and rebounding but we won. He'll get his 25 on Sunday I guess.

Was glad he didn't force it tonight...!
THIS^^^ He had many chances to force contested shots, as he so often does, but kept his head & fed the hot hands in Battle & Gillon. That's the maturity I'd expect from a 5th year having an off game. He was also blatantly hacked on the one steal by Jones that led to Tatum's alley-oop.

He barely showed any emotion after the buzzer beater when the whole place basically erupted. Odd.

He barely showed any emotion after the buzzer beater when the whole place basically erupted. Odd.

Yeah, he had the least excitement in the Dome besides the Duke players, staff, and fans. I hope it's just his personality. No energy tonight. Gave up a lot of the offensive rebounds.

Yeah, he had the least excitement in the Dome besides the Duke players, staff, and fans. I hope it's just his personality. No energy tonight. Gave up a lot of the offensive rebounds.

I thought he was relatively happy. But he, TT, and Robey too when he was in really gave up too many rebounds like you say. Very fortunate.

Iommi made a great call on this before the game.

He said if Duke put Jones on White -- actually on any of our players -- that player would be erased.

He was spot on.

I thought he was relatively happy. But he, TT, and Robey too when he was in really gave up too many rebounds like you say. Very fortunate.

Looking at it again, he did have a smile and was happy. Just a subdued kind of guy. He had to be frustrated with his game, but happy we won. Teams will key on him, so he needs to just play D, and hammer the glass. When the shot is there then nail it. He opened up the rest, as JB mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom