...and yet we maintain top-10 BPI (espn) and top-15 RPI | Syracusefan.com

...and yet we maintain top-10 BPI (espn) and top-15 RPI

Was just about to post something about this. Very interesting. Our numbers are awesome for a team that has gone 4-5 in the past 9 and slipping towards an apparent 6 seed...

close loss on road to ranked team

how in the hell is marquette ranked. their court mops probably smell like the breast milk from the guy that scored 30 on us
Marquette is a team of fighters.

They don't have a ton of skilled players, but they play with a ton of effort.

With college ball as bad as it is now, effort will get you a long way.

I'm not sure I quite get the point of this. I mean, we've lost 5 of our last 9. To quality opponents, that's great. But it's still 4-5 in our last nine. So the top-10 bpi makes you feel better about that somehow? That's like bragging about your favorite baseball team winning 84 games by pointing out that their pythag projection meant they played like more of a 90-win team. That's great, but you still missed the playoffs and barely cleared .500.

Not trying to be debbie downer, but the expectations change when you start winning 25+ every year. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated about playing below expectation levels.

I'm not sure I quite get the point of this. I mean, we've lost 5 of our last 9. To quality opponents, that's great. But it's still 4-5 in our last nine. So the top-10 bpi makes you feel better about that somehow? That's like bragging about your favorite baseball team winning 84 games by pointing out that their pythag projection meant they played like more of a 90-win team. That's great, but you still missed the playoffs and barely cleared .500.

Not trying to be debbie downer, but the expectations change when you start winning 25+ every year. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated about playing below expectation levels.
I'm bragging?

more of a "huh, that doesn't even seem possible"

and also pointing out that maybe we're not quite as doomed as many on here would like us to believe

Marquette is a team of fighters.

They don't have a ton of skilled players, but they play with a ton of effort.

With college ball as bad as it is now, effort will get you a long way.
I've noticed, and maybe it's just me, but in alot of our losses it's apparant that we are the more talente team. You can see the talent on our team even though one of those talents is not shooting (guess that's a pretty big talent we lack), however the other team wants it soooo much more, and that is just as apparant if not more apparant than our talent. There's a reason why the best team(s) don't usually win the Title or even make it to the Final 4, it's because College Basketball is about effort more so than talent nowadays, especially when the officials let you clutch and grab your way to a victory while you just run the shot clock down in an effort to shorten the game.

I'm bragging?

more of a "huh, that doesn't even seem possible"

and also pointing out that maybe we're not quite as doomed as many on here would like us to believe

We need Crazy Ralph from Friday the 13th...you're all doomed!!!

We need Crazy Ralph from Friday the 13th...you're all doomed!!!

I had trouble posting a Crazy Ralph pic...maybe you coukl help, Pearl, so some people have a visual aid.

what do we need to do to fall out of the BPI top ten? Lose to Depaul?

I had trouble posting a Crazy Ralph pic...maybe you coukl help, Pearl, so some people have a visual aid.

Friday_The_13th_Crazy_Ralph_10_28_12.jpg

close loss on road to ranked team

how in the hell is marquette ranked. their court mops probably smell like the breast milk from the guy that scored 30 on us

ing Epic, Milly. I am literally dying on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom