Andrew White III's 1st NBA game | Syracusefan.com

Andrew White III's 1st NBA game

jdubs30

Living Legend
With 5 minutes left in the Pistons vs. Hawks game, our boy AW3 is leading the Hawks in scoring. 15pts, 2rbs, 1asts in only 17 minutes. 6/11 from the field and 3/7 from 3. This is his NBA debut.

Kid came to Syracuse to make it ot the NBA and has finally achieved his goal. Loved him in Orange. One of the best shooters we ever had, got a lot better in the zone as the year went on, and won several games by himself. Hard to imagine how bad we would have been last year without him.

Congrats AW3, here's to many more!

Dude won us games by making insanely hard shots.

Screw everyone on here who gave him sh__. Those people should be banned from posting because they obviously didn't grasp how important he was last year. We are looking at a losing season without him.

Screw everyone on here who gave him . Those people should be banned from posting because they obviously didn't grasp how important he was last year. We are looking at a losing season without him.
Can't recall any player we've had who got face guarded so intently - and he still average like 20ppg and shot rea`lly well from 3. I wish we had him when he first got to college

Agreed with all the sentiment above. Can't remember many guys who were asked to carry such a heavy load playing as well as he did. His consistency in ACC play was unreal, especially if you take out the mini two-game slump he had. Averaged 20.1 (in conference) overall on 45%/41%/88%. Take out the Duke and at L'ville games and he would have averaged close to 22 a game in the toughest conference in the country. Crazy.

With 5 minutes left in the Pistons vs. Hawks game, our boy AW3 is leading the Hawks in scoring. 15pts, 2rbs, 1asts in only 17 minutes. 6/11 from the field and 3/7 from 3. This is his NBA debut.

Kid came to Syracuse to make it ot the NBA and has finally achieved his goal. Loved him in Orange. One of the best shooters we ever had, got a lot better in the zone as the year went on, and won several games by himself. Hard to imagine how bad we would have been last year without him.

Congrats AW3, here's to many more!

Thank you for calling that out. Nice to see someone 1) taking an interest in the players post-SU, and 2) watching the NBA.

Totally agreed: “...here’s to many more!”

44cuse

Agreed with all the sentiment above. Can't remember many guys who were asked to carry such a heavy load playing as well as he did. His consistency in ACC play was unreal, especially if you take out the mini two-game slump he had. Averaged 20.1 (in conference) overall on 45%/41%/88%. Take out the Duke and at L'ville games and he would have averaged close to 22 a game in the toughest conference in the country. Crazy.

White was all class. He’s the best shooter and most consistent difficult shot maker I’ve ever seen at SU. The guy had hands in his face constantly and drilled so many tough shots. Super quick release and just a great looking shooter.

NBA is often about opportunity and the Hawks are giving a lot of guys an opportunity to get an extended look.

Screw everyone on here who gave him sh__. Those people should be banned from posting because they obviously didn't grasp how important he was last year. We are looking at a losing season without him.
People are idiots. Same people that blamed last year's woes on him and JG. Those two guys are why we actually won some big games and didn't finish well under .500.

People are idiots. Same people that blamed last year's woes on him and JG. Those two guys are why we actually won some big games and didn't finish well under .500.
It was really just one guy as I recall.

My only read quibble with him was him showing up so late. Had he been here all summer, that zone would have been in much better shape, early on as well.

Good for him making it to the show and doing well while there.

I say this somewhat seriously, he moved quite a bit up the Syracuse NBA career scoring leader list. He should easily crack the top 34 if he keeps playing. 27th would be LeRon Ellis at 277 and as high as I can see him getting this year as Tyler Ennis is 26th at 662.

Damone Brown 108
Dennis DuVal 96
Rakeem Christmas 63
Leo Rautins 48
Darryl Watkins 35
Arinze Onuaku 34
Stephen Thompson 31
Demetris Nichols 22
42 Andrew White 15
43 James Southerland 14
44 Frank Reddout 13
Kris Joseph 9
46 Andy Rautins 8
Fab Melo 7
Michael Gbinije 4
Lou Spicer 1
50 Tyler Lydon 0

I say this somewhat seriously, he moved quite a bit up the Syracuse NBA career scoring leader list. He should easily crack the top 34 if he keeps playing. 27th would be LeRon Ellis at 277 and as high as I can see him getting this year as Tyler Ennis is 26th at 662.

Damone Brown 108
Dennis DuVal 96
Rakeem Christmas 63
Leo Rautins 48
Darryl Watkins 35
Arinze Onuaku 34
Stephen Thompson 31
Demetris Nichols 22
42 Andrew White 15
43 James Southerland 14
Frank Reddout 13
Kris Joseph 9
Andy Rautins 8
Fab Melo 7
Michael Gbinije 4
Lou Spicer 1
Tyler Lydon 0
I hope Tyler Lydon isn't the "Moonlight Graham" of Cuse players in the NBA

I hope Tyler Lydon isn't the "Moonlight Graham" of Cuse players in the NBA

FYI I did not arbitrarily add Lydon. He played in 1 NBA game for 2 min but not log a stat which is why he made that. According to basketball reference, Syracuse has 50 players to have played in the NBA. Lydon currently holds the distinction of least points and least minutes. I assume that will change next year pretty quickly.

Who wouldn't want to see White back in orange this year? SU has some decent 3-point shooters this year but none that come close to the ability of White to hit one after another after another.

FYI I did not arbitrarily add Lydon. He played in 1 NBA game for 2 min but not log a stat which is why he made that. According to basketball reference, Syracuse has 50 players to have played in the NBA. Lydon currently holds the distinction of least points and least minutes. I assume that will change next year pretty quickly.
Club 2 Trillion