Andy Kennedy's moving on | Syracusefan.com

Andy Kennedy's moving on

I say this so many times over college b-ball and football coach firings.
When people are considered expendable, the organization is in trouble.

That’s why it’s insanely that they would force him out. They’re not going to do any better.
I agree with the first sentence. And while you might be right with the second sentence, did anyone have Ben Howland going to Mississippi State? The SEC is filled with restaurant quality head coaches right now.

Kennedy had 11 consecutive winning seasons before this year. Surprised they would boot him...especially considering they don't care much about hoops anyway.

Kennedy would have been gone long ago if Marshall Henderson hadn’t won the SEC tournament single handedly a few years back to get them in the NCAA tourney. He said he couldn’t recruit to Ole Miss because of facilities. Now he has great facilities and still couldn’t recruit.

Is it just me - or did it seem like he was consistently belligerent on the sideline?

Obviously all coaches are going to get ticked from time to time, but he always seemed to be over the top with his rage.

I agree with the first sentence. And while you might be right with the second sentence, did anyone have Ben Howland going to Mississippi State? The SEC is filled with restaurant quality head coaches right now.
Your last sentence explains it. They want a bigger name to keep up with the Joneses.

Is it just me - or did it seem like he was consistently belligerent on the sideline?

Obviously all coaches are going to get ticked from time to time, but he always seemed to be over the top with his rage.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to this. Since his time at Cincinnati, Kennedy's only been on my radar as the angriest coach of the post-Knight era. Guy seems like he could moonlight as a serial killer.

When people are considered expendable, the organization is in trouble.

When people consider other people to be expendable, then those who do so should just die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom