Announcers for Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Announcers for Saturday

Marsh01

Living Legend
Super

4 p.m. No. 6 Syracuse at No. 1 LouisvilleMike Patrick & Len Elmore ESPN

The worst part is this is actually an upgrade in annoucers from what we've had lately.

I like Elmore, but yeah Patrick blows. Elmore called alot of those GMac '06 BET games, so that's probably why I'm so fond of him.

I like Elmore, but yeah Patrick blows. Elmore called alot of those GMac '06 BET games, so that's probably why I'm so fond of him.

he also called the richmond game in '91 :eek::eek:

I bet ESPN wishes this was the late game...wish Cuse made their FTs vs Temple...this game would be #1 vs #2

I loved him on big Monday's

Fortunately I was 2 at the time, no memory at all.
Be thankful for that. Consider what it's like to be a senior, a 2 seed (would have been a 1 had we not blown a 17 pt. lead in the BET round 1 vs. Nova) and out of the tourney on night 1. Just an awful memory.

I've always liked Elmore and who knows, maybe we'll be his new adopted team since his Terps are leaving.

Super

4 p.m. No. 6 Syracuse at No. 1 LouisvilleMike Patrick & Len Elmore ESPN

Mike Patrick averages like 5 words per minute. He's essentially the Micro Machines guy's polar opposite.

johnmoschitta.jpg

Give me Patrick and Elmore over Dave "I ask so many dumb questions every game to my partner" Pasch and Doris "I got Dick Vitale disease and talk about everything in the world of sports" Burke. Pasch and Burke are the only team I watch the whole game on mute on. Patrick is a ACC homer and his "holy cows" are annoying but I will take him over SU grad Pasch.

Do you think they assigned Patrick to this game to get him ready for us and the Ville in ACC play?

Do you think they assigned Patrick to this game to get him ready for us and the Ville in ACC play?

This is also the first week that gameday starts as well so a lot of guys are tied up. I think Patrick was already cemented in to do some BE games with Elmore this year anyways.

Patrick and Elmore? C'mon. This is like if Joe Buck or Phil Simms switched networks and made a team. Mute button for sure.

Yeah, I especially liked the part when Elmore celebrated Carl Krauser's punch to Terrence Roberts's junk in the championship game.

He's a shmuck. One of the the worst in the business, and he never fails to lower the bar every time he calls a Syracuse game.

Elmore was once good...a looong time ago. The last few years when he does an SU game, he has become obsessed with talking about nothing but how to beat the zone. He openly coaches and roots against SU because he hates the zone. Just watch. Bring back Dickie Simpkins.

Mike Patrick is more annoying than Jimmy Dykes. Unfortunately in the ACC we will get more of Patrick (unless he retires). Patrick and Vitale used to be a common duo, but seems like Patrick does not work with Vitale much this year.

One thing you can be certain in a game with Patrick. If a team is down by 3-7 points in the last minute, he will be flabbergasted if a team takes a 2 point shot, He will rant about it, ask the analyst for confirmation, and the analyst will try to deflect commenting because Patrick is wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom