Another great Boeheim line | Syracusefan.com

Another great Boeheim line

SWC75

Bored Historian
"Coach, did you think on that alst shot that you were due for one to go in?"

JB: "There's a lot of guys in Vegas who think that way. They go home with nothing."

Not really feeling JB right now. The team, and by extension him, had a miserable stretch run.
I thought he overplayed his starters, was too impatient with alternatives on the bench, stayed too long w/ Cooney and too short w/ RAK and Roberson.
Despite the 25-0 start ( yaay, we won NovembER), his coaching stunk last half of the season. JMHO

I don't know - what do you do when you're star goes cold as ice, and you shooting guard can't shoot?

Not too many options. That being said, I agree with your assessment of the bench.

I don't know - what do you do when you're star goes cold as ice, and you shooting guard can't shoot?

Not too many options. That being said, I agree with your assessment of the bench.

I think your second line answers your first. Especially when it appeared part of the problem was exhaustion during the tailspin end to the season.

JB once said about Sherman Douglas before his sophomore season, "We think he is pretty good but we haven't seen him play in a game yet." It would have been nice to see some who did not play get some run.

Dayton made 3s, and you just had no sense anyone on our team could do that.

The most amazing fact of the entire game is that we were even in it at the end in spite of the most horrific demonstration of poor shooting by a Syracuse team I've ever seen. It was just plain painful to watch that game. And then the uber deep 3 point shot that augurs in on the hoop bracket and takes a bounce that defies physics to go in. Was there any doubt as to how this game was going to end up at that point?

To this teams credit, they still manufactured ways to have chances to pull it out. By pull it out I refer to ripping my heart out through my chest as I rooted for this team to make it to the next round.

Sadly, in spite of 25-0 , it was not to be this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom