Another one bites the dust | Syracusefan.com

Another one bites the dust

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Wulff out at WSU

In the last year 6 coaches (Harbaugh at Stanford, Wulff at WSU, Erikson at ASU, Stoops at Arizona, Hawkins at Colorado and Neuheisel at UCLA) have been fired/left their program in the Pac-12

Know I'm in the minority, but the Pac-12 is a pretty weak conference. Outside of USC there aren't really any major historical powers. Of course having USC as your anchor is a pretty big deal. Oregon is a recent phenomenon. Stamford is even more recent. Cal and UCLA are pretty major underachievers. Oregon State and Wazzu are historically not that great to outright bad. The Arizona schools are underachievers. Colorado is the Halley's Comet of college football, pops its head up for a year and then disappears. Utah had a few great years this century.

Aside from the four California schools, the rest of the conference isn't even that great academically.

Know I'm in the minority, but the Pac-12 is a pretty weak conference. Outside of USC there aren't really any major historical powers. Of course having USC as your anchor is a pretty big deal. Oregon is a recent phenomenon. Stamford is even more recent. Cal and UCLA are pretty major underachievers. Oregon State and Wazzu are historically not that great to outright bad. The Arizona schools are underachievers. Colorado is the Halley's Comet of college football, pops its head up for a year and then disappears. Utah had a few great years this century.

Aside from the four California schools, the rest of the conference isn't even that great academically.

I think you need to check what OSU has done the last 10 years, they have pretty steady a few great years there, 3 losing seasons, all 5-6, 5-7. I wouldn't call that ouright bad, they have a 10-2 and 11-1 season in there too. I would say that is average to pretty damn good. Oregon, Oregon St, UW are all pretty decent schools as well

I think you need to check what OSU has done the last 10 years, they have pretty steady a few great years there, 3 losing seasons, all 5-6, 5-7. I wouldn't call that ouright bad, they have a 10-2 and 11-1 season in there too. I would say that is average to pretty damn good. Oregon, Oregon St, UW are all pretty decent schools as well

You're right about UW. They also have a strong football history and are very good academically. And I agree with OSU over the last 10+ years. It just seems that they have programs that have major spikes in success, and the highest level of success, and then fall off the planet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom