Another PG on the market - Golden out at Tenn | Syracusefan.com

Another PG on the market - Golden out at Tenn

Interested?

• Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This has to help in the landing of Barton (if he is a serious target). Golden will want to start and have similar minutes - Maryland and Kansas State will provide that. Don't see Golden being an option with limited minutes and limited shots.

He's not actually eligible to play immediately though, is he?

Coming out that it is an academic issue - wasn't his choice.

3.9 assists per game is good for 3rd in the SEC?

No way Golden goes somewhere for backup minutes. Wishful thinking, but no. Barton is a better chance.

I get that Golden wouldn't want backup minutes. Let me play Devil's advocate, being apparently that's what I'm good for around here. MCW sat his freshman year for Scoop and BT. I realize a transfer wouldn't know the system as well as Scoop or BT(who both had such intense admiration on here during their careers), but is Tyler Ennis at this point better than a Junior and 2 year SEC starter? I don't know, which is why I am asking. If Golden isn't as good as Scoop or BT, I guess it's a moot point(no pun intended).

I get that Golden wouldn't want backup minutes. Let me play Devil's advocate, being apparently that's what I'm good for around here. MCW sat his freshman year for Scoop and BT. I realize a transfer wouldn't know the system as well as Scoop or BT(who both had such intense admiration on here during their careers), but is Tyler Ennis at this point better than a Junior and 2 year SEC starter? I don't know, which is why I am asking. If Golden isn't as good as Scoop or BT, I guess it's a moot point(no pun intended).
Ennis is better than any 2 year SEC pg starter.

Ennis is better than any 2 year SEC pg starter.

Ok, I will take your word. I just thought that with some of our other highly touted recruits not doing a lot in the their freshman year that a senior might have a shot at beating him out, like happened with MCW. I know JB hasn't been a huge fan of transfers, but he hasn't exactly been hellbent on handing the keys over to freshmen over the years either. So I was curious if it's that Golden isnt Scoop/BT caliber, or that MCW wasn't quite Ennis caliber? :) Again, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking.

Ok, I will take your word. I just thought that with some of our other highly touted recruits not doing a lot in the their freshman year that a senior might have a shot at beating him out, like happened with MCW. I know JB hasn't been a huge fan of transfers, but he hasn't exactly been hellbent on handing the keys over to freshmen over the years either. So I was curious if it's that Golden isnt Scoop/BT caliber, or that MCW wasn't quite Ennis caliber? :) Again, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking.
We need depth behind Ennis. Nobody that transfers here is going to start over Ennis. Previous years we had an embarrassment of riches at pg.

We need depth behind Ennis. Nobody that transfers here is going to start over Ennis. Previous years we had an embarrassment of riches at pg.

Additionally, he got Melo's stamp of approval: (I'm guessing this has been on here before, but for those who haven't seen it)
"I like the guy that’s going to Syracuse, Ennis," Anthony told SNY.tv. "He’s good. A lot of the young kids, they wouldn’t be here if they didn’t do what they was doing."

Told that Ennis projects to be the starting point guard next year for the Orange, Anthony said:
"I hope so. We’re gonna see what [Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim does. You know how Boeheim do sometimes."

Additionally, he got Melo's stamp of approval: (I'm guessing this has been on here before, but for those who haven't seen it)
"I like the guy that’s going to Syracuse, Ennis," Anthony told SNY.tv. "He’s good. A lot of the young kids, they wouldn’t be here if they didn’t do what they was doing."

Told that Ennis projects to be the starting point guard next year for the Orange, Anthony said:
"I hope so. We’re gonna see what [Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim does. You know how Boeheim do sometimes."

Don't y'all know by now that "how Boeheim do" is to let playing time be determined by contribution, which means that getting the staring job doesn't mean much. There were good tactical reasons why Fab started, Rak started and DC started, but they pretty much trashed the value of winning the "starter" title at SU. In the end, as ye contribute, so shall ye play. All Barton and Ennis need to know is that they can compete fairly for playing time and be judged according to their contributions; as long as Barton doesn't care about that "starting" title, he should still want to come here. If Golden cares, he'll rule himself out.-VBOF